Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inverness C T v Queens

Inverness C T v Queens

The Highlanders warmed up for the visit of Queens with a hammering of Falkirk tonight as the topsy - turvy results in the Championship continue.

Extraordinary and brilliantly competitive Championship produces simply stunning results. On Saturday Falkirk humped second placed Dundee United and last night they were well turned over by ICT in Inverness. So anything could happen on Saturday but with Queens having an excellent away record this year don't bet against them or would you based upon these crazy results!!

Alan Muir is Saturday's match official.

ICT can go level on points if they beat us this weekend

Queens would at least have a game in hand. Good incentive to win for Queens to increase the gap.

https://youtu.be/St3G7gxay78 ICT goals v Falkirk.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Queens would at least have a game in hand. Good incentive to win for Queens to increase the gap.
    Just about every game in this league is a six pointer. The upside of a ten team division I guess. I know there are downsides but there’s usually something at stake which goes some way towards compensating for the samey fixture list.

Fingers crossed that Queens can maintain their impressive away form and get a result up in Inverness. Mon the South.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    Just about every game in this league is a six pointer. The upside of a ten team division I guess. I know there are downsides but there’s usually something at stake which goes some way towards compensating for the samey fixture list.
    I wonder if the SPFL will ever revert back to more clubs in each division just like pre 1975, where you're not having to play clubs 4 times a season?

Going by the highlights of the ICT v Falkirk match , this Mulraney guy will need a bit of watching.

we need to keep getting the ball out wide and hold alot of possession to win up there after watching some of there recent games inverness are on a bit of a charge and will end up in the title mix ,long balls and high pressing this team will only result in defeat ,need width and a sharp passing game to take points from this one .

So it`s the long trip north again for Queens and here is hoping for some goals in this match after 2 goalless draws.
    Sadly we will be saying goodbye to Kane & Kerr and hopefully they can help queens get another 3 points before they head back to perth and that the queens fans at the match will gave them a good send off too.

Name:  Kane & Kerr.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  38.7 KB

Come on Queens!

Both have scored 4 League goals and 1 Challenge Cup goal.

Leighfield starts, no sign of Lyle and only 6 on a very inexperienced bench

No sign of Stirling either. I know Lyle is still injured. I wonder if Martin was dropped? Leighfield had a few decent saves and was the Doonhamers Travel Club's man of the match. At least Owen Bell scored his first Queens goal and he turns 19 years old on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    No sign of Stirling either. I know Lyle is still injured. I wonder if Martin was dropped? Leighfield had a few decent saves and was the Doonhamers Travel Club's man of the match. At least Owen Bell scored his first Queens goal and he turns 19 years old on Monday.

Martin had a slight knee knocked and wasn’t risked

On a brighter note, at least the Dobster has put pen to paper for another season! Fantastic news , just hope we get a decent enough squad around him

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    On a brighter note, at least the Dobster has put pen to paper for another season! Fantastic news , just hope we get a decent enough squad around him
    Yes mate goes without saying

Let's hope Queens pick up over the next two games. At home to Partick in the Scottish Cup where we have nothing to lose and then at home to basement club Brechin before a trip to the league leaders St Mirren.

Queens starting 11 yesterday averaged 24. Apart from Rankin at 34 and Dobbie at 35, the next oldest player was Brownlie at 23. Two 18 year olds and a 20 year old got on as subs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast