+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mrs May

Exactly!

Bt - we have been down this road before ---- the man is a supporter of terrorism ( no body can argue with that ) he simply is Hamas and the Ira.
    Saying you regret it doesn't constitute everyone forgetting it ,

I admire your commitment to the cause but Jeremy isn't the answer, he may have done all the things you say above , but it just comes across hypocritical to me when he has links - friends in terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Bt - we have been down this road before ---- the man is a supporter of terrorism ( no body can argue with that ) he simply is Hamas and the Ira.
    Saying you regret it doesn't constitute everyone forgetting it ,

I admire your commitment to the cause but Jeremy isn't the answer, he may have done all the things you say above , but it just comes across hypocritical to me when he has links - friends in terrorism.
    One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
    But they both run for cover when the drones are overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Theresa May said the reshuffle meant ‘the government looks more like the country it serves’ as she finished making changes, with four more ministers leaving government."

Jesus fecking wept, what is it with these useless, PC obsessed lefty w@ankers running the country. I don't give a FF whether we have a government that looks like the country it serves, I just want one that knows what it's doing. Where's Guy Fawkes when you need him.
    Below is Peter Hitchen's column from the Mail on Sunday, he's clearly been reading my column on ClaretsMad

Does anyone really think a government is better because of the way it looks?*

Anyone who actually believes this surely deserves exactly what he or she gets.*
    The Blair and Cameron governments, among the worst in living memory (and in my view longer than that), were crammed with youthful idiots who looked reasonably good on TV, and great fusses were made of the numbers of women MPs (regardless of whether they were any good).*
    Yet here we go again.*
    We have just had a reshuffle openly based on the fatuous idea that the way the Government looks is what matters.*
    The slogans never change.*
    Old-fashioned organisations are called ‘male, pale and stale’, even if they are headed by women and contain far more women and ethnic minority members than at any time in history.*
    Sometimes we are told that the Cabinet, or the fire brigade, or the police should ‘look like the people they serve’, or even that they should ‘look like Britain’.*
    In fact, this generally means that they should look like the population of London, now one of the great multicultural and multi- ethnic city-states of the world, but completely unlike most of the rest of the country.*
    Almost all media types and politicians live in London, so they don’t know this.*
    But I could not care less what they look like.*
    I care only whether they know what they are doing, have the necessary experience, can think, and possess competence and courage.*
    Does a member of an ethnic minority really want to be saved from a fire by a member of the same minority?*
    Does a woman threatened by a rapist insist on being rescued from her plight by a female officer?*
    You only have to ask the question to see that the whole idea is garbage.*
    The public, unlike our governing elite, are not obsessed by race and ***.*
    They are rightly interested only in the contents of the person’s character.*
    And so it is in politics.*
    I personally see no difference between politicians whose skins are coloured differently from each other.*
    I would regard it as bigotry to do so.*
    I think we shall have ceased to be a racially divided society only when we stop making a fuss about colour.*
    In fact, if we choose only on ability, that may sometimes mean that there are actually fewer ethnic minority politicians in the Government.*
    Sometimes, equally, it will mean that there are more.*
    Honesty and justice don’t always look as good as cynical window- dressing.*
    As for women in politics, they aren’t necessarily good for every member of the female ***.*
    Female politicos mostly represent a rather militant faction.*
    These are the lucky ones, garlanded with university degrees and professional qualifications.*
    For them, work outside the home is a positive pleasure.*
    But for millions of other women, work is just a hard, grinding necessity.*
    It takes them away from their children in their tenderest years.*
    It is forced on them by the rapid decline in real pay, which means that most households need two incomes to survive, when 40 years ago they could make do with one wage.*
    There’s a perfectly respectable case for saying that this pressure on young mothers to abandon their children should be reduced.*
    But who will make that case?
    Not ambitious young female politicians who happily leave their children with costly nannies, so they can climb to the top.*
    They will be the last people interested in taking up this cause.*
    A stale, male MP would be far more likely to listen.*
    Then there is the stupid habit of giving politicians extra points because they went to a state ‘comprehensive’ school.*
    British state education is a twisting maze, in which success can be bought or wangled, and its best schools are often just as privileged as Eton in their own way.*
    And almost any successful person who went to a ‘comprehensive’ has benefited from some sort of a fiddle, involving costly houses, religious faith (feigned or real) or private tutors.*
    Those who have made it to the top after attending a truly bogstandard comp, chaotic classrooms, rampant bullying and all, are much to be praised, but very rare.*
    It is what we really are, not what we look like, that matters.*
    The more we forget that, the worse we shall be governed.

.................................................. .................................................. .......................................

I abhor the thought of picking candidates because there is a ***/religious/colour deficit.
    And, yes, the Lib Dems used to do it too.

But reading that garbage from the hopeless Peter Hitchen came close to making me re-evaluate my beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I abhor the thought of picking candidates because there is a ***/religious/colour deficit.
    And, yes, the Lib Dems used to do it too.

But reading that garbage from the hopeless Peter Hitchen came close to making me re-evaluate my beliefs.
    I have to count that as a minor triumph for a Monday morning 59/60, persuading a lefty to tear himself away from the Grauniad, take the blinkers off, and read Peter Hitchens while eating his meusli. It must come as quite a shock to see lefty shibboleths debunked, quite a change from the Moonbat and Polly Tuscany.

Morning Sinkov!

I don't read any newspapers.

Every single one is pushing it's own agenda and you can't trust what you read in any one. I would say that the Mail is the worst of a bad bunch though.

I know it's nowhere near perfect but I monitor the news on the BBC, mainly online.

If there is something that catches my eye I trawl the web to get a fuller picture.

If you depend on the Mail for your info that would explain some of your opinions on Brexit, the Lib Dems and Muslimic Ray Guns

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)