+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Derek Lyle

Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    nayidea has nayidea hiw to manage player hence the situation with Anderson ,Robinson Hamil,hilson and laterly stiring and now apparently Lyle.
    The guys stubborn and one wrong word and you are history.
    Of course the crowds are dropping despite a decent league position ,it's probably (Dobbie aside) the most bland un interesting team I've watched in the last 10 years or so.
    A rather extraordinary statement to make and based on what facts - it seems you assume that when a player loses form and is invited to leave Naysmith is accused of having no idea - if you have details of any bust ups in the camp we would all be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Be interested to know what state you think the club is in ?
    Well a source from within the club bad told me that we are struggling to keep the players due to having no money there are more players that if get rid of before the hero that is Derek Lyle

A few weeks ago When Lyndon shytes got his new contract was there not talk of other club s looking at him including all clubs well y not off load him and get a wee bit of cash

Getting rid of del boy the club legend that he is is when all the fans need to be vocal and get all our voices in tune signing our support for the hero that is before it's to late

Having little or no money is something that any of us could have told you. We are doing reasonably well and the crowds don't come . In any other era in our history - bar the last 6 years- our crowds would be decent if competing well in the second tier. This is not the case now. Is this Qos fc fault ?
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 10-01-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Out of that lot , who would you have kept ?
    If you are talking about who he has brought in to who left ,everyone.
    Not one improvement ,his permanent signings have been poor , dont be surprised to see alan Martin get his 4th career payoff.

If you are talking about who he has brought in to who left ,everyone.
    Not one improvement ,his permanent signings have been poor , dont be surprised to see alan Martin get his 4th career payoff.
    Let's have a wee look then. Martin , personal opinion is that he is a good keeper. Mercer, I like the boys versatility and Naysmith signed him as he had Scott at East Fife. The very busy Joe Thomson is an upgrade on Calum Tapping without a doubt . I would go as far as saying Fordyce is a tremendous find for us . Jason Kerr is only here because Naysmith knew what he was about having him at East Fife. Kane is a solid Championship player . Need I go on ?

Having little or no money is something that any of us could have told you. We are doing reasonably well and the crowds don't come . In any other era in our history - bar the last 6 years- our crowds would be decent if competing well in the second tier. This is not the case now. Is this Qos fc fault ?
    I would be interested how much the crowds are down this season - Palmylad can you work them out - rumour round the bazaars is that Falkirk and Livi are in bother and their bank managers are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    I would be interested how much the crowds are down this season - Palmylad can you work them out - rumour round the bazaars is that Falkirk and Livi are in bother and their bank managers are concerned.

Crowd average 2016/17 1857 - 1472 home fans & 385 away fans
    Crowd average 2017/18 1556 - 1317 home fans & 239 away fans ( after 10 games )

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Crowd average 2016/17 1857 - 1472 home fans & 385 away fans
    Crowd average 2017/18 1556 - 1317 home fans & 239 away fans ( after 10 games )
    Thanks pal - not a great deal in it I would say

Been mulling the Tan Man story over all day and tbh cannot see Queens as a professional club having actually spoke to anyone at the Sun newspaper so where did the article emanate from ? - if it is kosher.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Been mulling the Tan Man story over all day and tbh cannot see Queens as a professional club having actually spoke to anyone at the Sun newspaper so where did the article emanate from ? - if it is kosher.
    Valid point with the rumour mill currently in full production mode. Guess we will just have to sit tight and see what transpires. Any further news on the St Johnstone loan players?

If u read it it's more del boys point of view the man clearly doesn't want to leave and if he is forced out this will be an absolute shambals 1st Thomson now del this board has a great way of treating there legends who's next Dobbie

Out of that lot , who would you have kept ?
    Put it this way as far as I'm concerned not one of his permanent signings have been an improvement on any of them.
    Expect Alan Martin time have his 4th career payoff at the end of the season.
    Nayidea signings have struggled to get into his team,he persists with Mercer which slowly but surely improving.
    Queens can't afford to bring in players for the future you would think his new signings would be able to spot in and I.prove the side ,unfortunately it wasn't Been the case

Put it this way as far as I'm concerned not one of his permanent signings have been an improvement on any of them.
    Expect Alan Martin time have his 4th career payoff at the end of the season.
    Nayidea signings have struggled to get into his team,he persists with Mercer which slowly but surely improving.
    Queens can't afford to bring in players for the future you would think his new signings would be able to spot in and I.prove the side ,unfortunately it wasn't Been the case
    You don't know what you are talking about. Far from persisting with Mercer, Scott has just got back into the team because of an injury to Marshall. This out of lack of options for left back position.

You don't know what you are talking about. Far from persisting with Mercer, Scott has just got back into the team because of an injury to Marshall. This out of lack of options for left back position.
    JR I am pleased that you managed to decipher his message because I did not have a clue what he was trying to put across. I need a translator for some of these recent posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Valid point with the rumour mill currently in full production mode. Guess we will just have to sit tight and see what transpires. Any further news on the St Johnstone loan players?
    Crying out for a wee statement from the QOS Board or Mr Naysmith on the official site to bring some clarity to this Sun story !

Crying out for a wee statement from the QOS Board or Mr Naysmith on the official site to bring some clarity to this Sun story !
    Could do with an update of whether Dobbie has signed another contract or not ? Talked about a few weeks ago but nothing heard since.

Clarity around the Sun story (or non-story as it happens) and the loan deal situation provided by GN in his match preview of ICT game on the official site.

From the OS >>>

Meanwhile, contrary to reports in the national media this week, I would like to stress that at no time have I told Derek Lyle that he has no future at the club or that he won't play for the club again. I have had several talks with Del during the first half of the season, mostly regarding his frustration and disappointment at not starting games.

This week I explained to Del the role that I saw him playing within the squad for the second half of the season. As I couldn't guarantee him regular starts, I told him that out of respect we would not stand in his way if he wanted to allow himself the chance to play regular football at this stage of his career.

Derek Lyle has to stay to have the opportunity to become Queens 2nd all-time goalscorer. In his testimonial season, he should be given red carpet treatment by our club;anything less is an embarrassment. He deserves this at the very least.

GN's comments only reiterate what Del-boy told the sun.
    Last edited by Truthhurts; 11-01-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    From the OS >>>

Meanwhile, contrary to reports in the national media this week, I would like to stress that at no time have I told Derek Lyle that he has no future at the club or that he won't play for the club again. I have had several talks with Del during the first half of the season, mostly regarding his frustration and disappointment at not starting games.

This week I explained to Del the role that I saw him playing within the squad for the second half of the season. As I couldn't guarantee him regular starts, I told him that out of respect we would not stand in his way if he wanted to allow himself the chance to play regular football at this stage of his career.
    Strikes me that that's about as much as we can realistically expect in terms of comment from the club. It's unrealistic to expect them to respond to every story a printed bog roll like The Sun churns out and from what the manager is saying the ball's in Del's court. Personally hope he stays and gets used from the bench (which is pretty much what I expected to happen) enough to allow him to move up the all-time scorers list as he's one of my favourite Queens players of all time and I'd like to see him finish the season at Palmy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast