Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66

Thread: Derek Lyle

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Deepest Cumbria
    Posts
    639
    Surely with the news confirming that Kane, as well as Kerr, is returning to St Johnstone this very much improves the chances of Lyle starting games in the second half of the season and further emphasises precisely why we need his continuing service with a depleted squad. As far as I can see the ball is very much in his court especially with this being his last season as well as his testimonial year. Come on Del see some sense over this!!!

  2. #42
    For me , out of those currently not starting , the most deserving is Stirling . More than Del or anyone else , I would be starting Stirling over Dykes . In saying that , I'm not ruling Lyndon out, just as I see it at this moment in time.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 11-01-2018 at 11:43 AM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Derek Lyle has to stay to have the opportunity to become Queens 2nd all-time goalscorer. In his testimonial season, he should be given red carpet treatment by our club;anything less is an embarrassment. He deserves this at the very least.

    GN's comments only reiterate what Del-boy told the sun.
    Maybe I`m misunderstanding your point here. Are you saying that Del should have special treatment? The ball is firmly in his court if he wants to stay. That much is crystal clear.
    Del wants to play 1st team football at this stage of his career. GN isn`t in a position to guarantee him regular starts. What is he meant to do start him regularly just because he is a club legend?
    It`s perfectly reasonable for the club to say to Del if he wants to start every week then he can explore options with other teams but that is absolutely not the same as saying he isn`t part of GN`s plans, it`s just being honest to a senior pro. Del absolutely has the option to stay, fight for his place and get goals for the team whether that be as an impact sub or a starter.
    I love Del and as you suggest he is a QOS legend but I`m actually disappointed that he chose to go to the press with this.
    I think the piece on the OS today clarifies the situation perfectly well. Naysmith has made a number of mistakes in my view. It`s also my view that this episode isn`t one of them.
    Last edited by Dobmeister; 11-01-2018 at 12:03 PM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    I`m sorry but that`s just ridiculous. Del wants to play 1st team football at this stage of his career. GN isn`t in a position to guarantee him regular starts. What is he meant to do start him regularly just because he is a club legend?
    It`s perfectly reasonable for the club to say to Del if he wants to start every week then he can explore options with other teams but that is absolutely not the same as saying he isn`t part of GN`s plans, it`s just being honest to a senior pro. Del absolutely has the option to stay, fight for his place and get goals for the team whether that be as an impact sub or a starter.
    I love Del and as you suggest he is a QOS legend but I`m actually disappointed that he chose to go to the press with this.
    I think the piece on the OS today clarifies the situation perfectly well.
    In a nutshell.

  5. #45
    If Lyle could have an impact on the game if started , then he would . He can't now but still has a big part to play from the bench.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rockliffe,Dumfries and Galloway.
    Posts
    3,618
    I think this statement from Naysmith on the OS clarifies the situation -

    This week I explained to Del the role that I saw him playing within the squad for the second half of the season. As I couldn't guarantee him regular starts, I told him that out of respect we would not stand in his way if he wanted to allow himself the chance to play regular football at this stage of his career.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    If Lyle could have an impact on the game if started , then he would . He can't now but still has a big part to play from the bench.
    I understand there not playing in the same position at the moment and that Stirling would fit in well but no1 can say Lyle wouldn't make more of an impact than dykes u could move Robbie to the left and put Lyle through the middle and we'd be in a far better place than with dykes on the park

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rockliffe,Dumfries and Galloway.
    Posts
    3,618
    Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    I think this statement from Naysmith on the OS clarifies the situation -

    This week I explained to Del the role that I saw him playing within the squad for the second half of the season. As I couldn't guarantee him regular starts, I told him that out of respect we would not stand in his way if he wanted to allow himself the chance to play regular football at this stage of his career.
    This conflicts with what appeared in the SUN - who are we to believe ?

  9. #49
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    7,149
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    For me , out of those currently not starting , the most deserving is Stirling . More than Del or anyone else , I would be starting Stirling over Dykes . In saying that , I'm not ruling Lyndon out, just as I see it at this moment in time.
    I recall Lyle, Stirling and Faddy (to a lesser extent) changing the game in Queens favour at Livingston earlier in the season, with Andy and Del scoring sublime goals to get Queens ahead 2-1.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    This conflicts with what appeared in the SUN - who are we to believe ?
    Lol. Indeed.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    This conflicts with what appeared in the SUN - who are we to believe ?
    Is this not really what was said in the sun essentially Lyle is devastated he has been told he isn't needed at queens and if he wants 1st team football he needs to leave

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Crying out for a wee statement from the QOS Board or Mr Naysmith on the official site to bring some clarity to this Sun story !
    Didnae take long to get a response from Mr Naysmith eh !

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Deepest Cumbria
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    Is this not really what was said in the sun essentially Lyle is devastated he has been told he isn't needed at queens and if he wants 1st team football he needs to leave
    So you would believe the Sun over the OS???

  14. #54
    Name:  IMG-20180111-WA0001.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  91.5 KB

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Deepest Cumbria
    Posts
    639
    Phone-box found on the Moon next to Freddie Starr's hamster-breaking news!!!

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bridgend, Wales
    Posts
    273
    I think we need to stop for a minute and realise we are talking about the Sun newspaper here. You would be better off staring into the Sun than believe half the tripe that is written. They just make links that people want to read.

    Del probably made a comment to a friend about being told his current position and then it got completely blown out of the water.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    Del probably made a comment to a friend about being told his current position and then it got completely blown out of the water.
    Quite possibly. And as you say, it’s The Sun.

  18. #58
    But both stories are the same really 1s from lyles point of view the other from queens both state pretty much the same thong that Lyle doesn't want to leave but has been told he won't be playing regular unless he finds a new club

  19. #59
    I don't see the issue, it's not like he's been released. Sadly he's off the pace now and can't do a whole match at this level. Why should we have to suffer as a team just because he's a Queens legend ?
    Naysmith has done nothing wrong

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Deepest Cumbria
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    But both stories are the same really 1s from lyles point of view the other from queens both state pretty much the same thong that Lyle doesn't want to leave but has been told he won't be playing regular unless he finds a new club
    Are you therefore condoning the headline " Queens Axe Legend Lyle" which is factually incorrect?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •