+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Lyle

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Been mulling the Tan Man story over all day and tbh cannot see Queens as a professional club having actually spoke to anyone at the Sun newspaper so where did the article emanate from ? - if it is kosher.
    If u read it it's more del boys point of view the man clearly doesn't want to leave and if he is forced out this will be an absolute shambals 1st Thomson now del this board has a great way of treating there legends who's next Dobbie

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Out of that lot , who would you have kept ?
    Put it this way as far as I'm concerned not one of his permanent signings have been an improvement on any of them.
    Expect Alan Martin time have his 4th career payoff at the end of the season.
    Nayidea signings have struggled to get into his team,he persists with Mercer which slowly but surely improving.
    Queens can't afford to bring in players for the future you would think his new signings would be able to spot in and I.prove the side ,unfortunately it wasn't Been the case

Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    Put it this way as far as I'm concerned not one of his permanent signings have been an improvement on any of them.
    Expect Alan Martin time have his 4th career payoff at the end of the season.
    Nayidea signings have struggled to get into his team,he persists with Mercer which slowly but surely improving.
    Queens can't afford to bring in players for the future you would think his new signings would be able to spot in and I.prove the side ,unfortunately it wasn't Been the case
    You don't know what you are talking about. Far from persisting with Mercer, Scott has just got back into the team because of an injury to Marshall. This out of lack of options for left back position.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    You don't know what you are talking about. Far from persisting with Mercer, Scott has just got back into the team because of an injury to Marshall. This out of lack of options for left back position.
    JR I am pleased that you managed to decipher his message because I did not have a clue what he was trying to put across. I need a translator for some of these recent posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Valid point with the rumour mill currently in full production mode. Guess we will just have to sit tight and see what transpires. Any further news on the St Johnstone loan players?
    Crying out for a wee statement from the QOS Board or Mr Naysmith on the official site to bring some clarity to this Sun story !

Crying out for a wee statement from the QOS Board or Mr Naysmith on the official site to bring some clarity to this Sun story !
    Could do with an update of whether Dobbie has signed another contract or not ? Talked about a few weeks ago but nothing heard since.

Clarity around the Sun story (or non-story as it happens) and the loan deal situation provided by GN in his match preview of ICT game on the official site.

From the OS >>>

Meanwhile, contrary to reports in the national media this week, I would like to stress that at no time have I told Derek Lyle that he has no future at the club or that he won't play for the club again. I have had several talks with Del during the first half of the season, mostly regarding his frustration and disappointment at not starting games.

This week I explained to Del the role that I saw him playing within the squad for the second half of the season. As I couldn't guarantee him regular starts, I told him that out of respect we would not stand in his way if he wanted to allow himself the chance to play regular football at this stage of his career.

Derek Lyle has to stay to have the opportunity to become Queens 2nd all-time goalscorer. In his testimonial season, he should be given red carpet treatment by our club;anything less is an embarrassment. He deserves this at the very least.

GN's comments only reiterate what Del-boy told the sun.
    Last edited by Truthhurts; 11-01-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    From the OS >>>

Meanwhile, contrary to reports in the national media this week, I would like to stress that at no time have I told Derek Lyle that he has no future at the club or that he won't play for the club again. I have had several talks with Del during the first half of the season, mostly regarding his frustration and disappointment at not starting games.

This week I explained to Del the role that I saw him playing within the squad for the second half of the season. As I couldn't guarantee him regular starts, I told him that out of respect we would not stand in his way if he wanted to allow himself the chance to play regular football at this stage of his career.
    Strikes me that that's about as much as we can realistically expect in terms of comment from the club. It's unrealistic to expect them to respond to every story a printed bog roll like The Sun churns out and from what the manager is saying the ball's in Del's court. Personally hope he stays and gets used from the bench (which is pretty much what I expected to happen) enough to allow him to move up the all-time scorers list as he's one of my favourite Queens players of all time and I'd like to see him finish the season at Palmy.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)