+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Lyle

Derek Lyle

Rumoured to have been released by Queens .....

Gutted if true , an absolute legend for this club

Has been told that he can either go out on loan or find a new club. Rather bizarre with him chasing down the 120 goals of Bobby Black and currently 3 goals short on 117.

Also two testimonial dinners happening soon.
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 10-01-2018 at 09:02 AM.

then again maybe it’s just a horrible nasty rumour
    Last edited by palmylad; 10-01-2018 at 09:28 AM.

It’s in the Scottish Sun so I wouldn’t believe it

Whether you like it or not , Del's influence on games has been on the decline this season. Queens, because of the financial situation where the greater public don't back them, have to move players out to get players in ( even club legends ) . Regretfully, I'd say it's the correct decision. The man is a true legend of our club and I look forward to celebrating that factrl at his testimonial dinner.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 10-01-2018 at 10:15 AM.

If true I hope we can get 1 final chance to show our support and love for this club hero on Saturday at Inverness and if the rumour I heard last week is to believed he will be playing at Palmerston again this season

Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    If true I hope we can get 1 final chance to show our support and love for this club hero on Saturday at Inverness and if the rumour I heard last week is to believed he will be playing at Palmerston again this season

Didn’t Naysmith say he’s still got an injury and wouldn’t feature this weekend ??

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Whether you like it or not , Del's influence on games has been on the decline this season. Queens, because of the financial situation where the greater public don't back them, have to move players out to get players in ( even club legends ) . Regretfully, I'd say it's the correct decision. The man is a true legend of our club and I look forward to celebrating that factrl at his testimonial dinner.
    It’s quite clear Del doesn’t want to go anywhere , he’s more to offer than the majority of that team . Let him see out his contract and then move on from there.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Didn’t Naysmith say he’s still got an injury and wouldn’t feature this weekend ??
    Lyle had a calf injury last weekend picked up from the Dumbarton game. Unsure if he's still injured or not.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    It’s quite clear Del doesn’t want to go anywhere , he’s more to offer than the majority of that team . Let him see out his contract and then move on from there.
    Let's hope so. Supposed to be retiring at the end of May anyway. Perhaps he's unhappy not getting a regular run out and wants to play somewhere else until May, even if it's just on loan. Would be hoping he'd want to get past the 120 goals tally of Black's.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)