+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66

Thread: Derek Lyle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Derek Lyle

    Rumoured to have been released by Queens .....

    Gutted if true , an absolute legend for this club

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,514
    Has been told that he can either go out on loan or find a new club. Rather bizarre with him chasing down the 120 goals of Bobby Black and currently 3 goals short on 117.

    Also two testimonial dinners happening soon.
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 10-01-2018 at 09:02 AM.

  3. #3
    then again maybe it’s just a horrible nasty rumour
    Last edited by palmylad; 10-01-2018 at 09:28 AM.

  4. #4
    Itís in the Scottish Sun so I wouldnít believe it

  5. #5
    Whether you like it or not , Del's influence on games has been on the decline this season. Queens, because of the financial situation where the greater public don't back them, have to move players out to get players in ( even club legends ) . Regretfully, I'd say it's the correct decision. The man is a true legend of our club and I look forward to celebrating that factrl at his testimonial dinner.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 10-01-2018 at 10:15 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Whether you like it or not , Del's influence on games has been on the decline this season. Queens, because of the financial situation where the greater public don't back them, have to move players out to get players in ( even club legends ) . Regretfully, I'd say it's the correct decision. The man is a true legend of our club and I look forward to celebrating that factrl at his testimonial dinner.
    It’s quite clear Del doesn’t want to go anywhere , he’s more to offer than the majority of that team . Let him see out his contract and then move on from there.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,514
    Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    It’s quite clear Del doesn’t want to go anywhere , he’s more to offer than the majority of that team . Let him see out his contract and then move on from there.
    Let's hope so. Supposed to be retiring at the end of May anyway. Perhaps he's unhappy not getting a regular run out and wants to play somewhere else until May, even if it's just on loan. Would be hoping he'd want to get past the 120 goals tally of Black's.

  8. #8
    meanwhile the none footballing dykes plays instead of him lol ,that has to be a kick in the teeth for the tan man ,sitting on the bench seeing that happen , if i was in tan mans shues id be speaking to the manager saying play me instead of this lad or im off no way would i sit on a bench knowing im far far better than whats on the pitch loool madness likes .

  9. #9
    Also Lyle has the best goal to minutes played ratio in the league just shows what state our club is in at the moment

  10. #10
    If true I hope we can get 1 final chance to show our support and love for this club hero on Saturday at Inverness and if the rumour I heard last week is to believed he will be playing at Palmerston again this season

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    If true I hope we can get 1 final chance to show our support and love for this club hero on Saturday at Inverness and if the rumour I heard last week is to believed he will be playing at Palmerston again this season


    Didnít Naysmith say heís still got an injury and wouldnít feature this weekend ??

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,514
    Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Didn’t Naysmith say he’s still got an injury and wouldn’t feature this weekend ??
    Lyle had a calf injury last weekend picked up from the Dumbarton game. Unsure if he's still injured or not.

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post


    A classic example of mind games between manager and player.

    Gaffer - If you’re not happy go out on loan
    Player - play me or I’m offski

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Well considering our revenues we are producing minor miracles against teams far better supported than we are . We can only punch above our weight for so long though. Shame on the ex fans who have deserted the club and put our status and future in jeopardy. I have witnessed far worse periods than what we currently are in ( 4th in the second top league) If any lapsed fans want to stop me up the street and talk to me about Queens, then they will wish they hadn't bothered. Be warned !
    nayidea has nayidea hiw to manage player hence the situation with Anderson ,Robinson Hamil,hilson and laterly stiring and now apparently Lyle.
    The guys stubborn and one wrong word and you are history.
    Of course the crowds are dropping despite a decent league position ,it's probably (Dobbie aside) the most bland un interesting team I've watched in the last 10 years or so.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    nayidea has nayidea hiw to manage player hence the situation with Anderson ,Robinson Hamil,hilson and laterly stiring and now apparently Lyle.
    The guys stubborn and one wrong word and you are history.
    Of course the crowds are dropping despite a decent league position ,it's probably (Dobbie aside) the most bland un interesting team I've watched in the last 10 years or so.
    Out of that lot , who would you have kept ?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rockliffe,Dumfries and Galloway.
    Posts
    3,516
    Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    nayidea has nayidea hiw to manage player hence the situation with Anderson ,Robinson Hamil,hilson and laterly stiring and now apparently Lyle.
    The guys stubborn and one wrong word and you are history.
    Of course the crowds are dropping despite a decent league position ,it's probably (Dobbie aside) the most bland un interesting team I've watched in the last 10 years or so.
    A rather extraordinary statement to make and based on what facts - it seems you assume that when a player loses form and is invited to leave Naysmith is accused of having no idea - if you have details of any bust ups in the camp we would all be interested.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Be interested to know what state you think the club is in ?
    Well a source from within the club bad told me that we are struggling to keep the players due to having no money there are more players that if get rid of before the hero that is Derek Lyle

    A few weeks ago When Lyndon shytes got his new contract was there not talk of other club s looking at him including all clubs well y not off load him and get a wee bit of cash

    Getting rid of del boy the club legend that he is is when all the fans need to be vocal and get all our voices in tune signing our support for the hero that is before it's to late

  19. #19
    Having little or no money is something that any of us could have told you. We are doing reasonably well and the crowds don't come . In any other era in our history - bar the last 6 years- our crowds would be decent if competing well in the second tier. This is not the case now. Is this Qos fc fault ?
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 10-01-2018 at 05:11 PM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rockliffe,Dumfries and Galloway.
    Posts
    3,516
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Having little or no money is something that any of us could have told you. We are doing reasonably well and the crowds don't come . In any other era in our history - bar the last 6 years- our crowds would be decent if competing well in the second tier. This is not the case now. Is this Qos fc fault ?
    I would be interested how much the crowds are down this season - Palmylad can you work them out - rumour round the bazaars is that Falkirk and Livi are in bother and their bank managers are concerned.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •