+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Hecky a wanted man

Why is Hecky a wanted man

Why is anyone interested in Hecky, is it his fantastic win rate

Quote Originally Posted by Kevthetyke View Post
    Why is anyone interested in Hecky, is it his fantastic win rate
    Being a Barnsley lad is like having 100 wins in the bag and has and will continue to buy him more time. If his name was Keith Hill or Simon Davey he would be in trouble as the fans would have turned long who.

To balance that a bit it is also accepted that he has had to manage with a shower or ****e following the breakup of our promotion team of a year or so ago.

Our league position doesn’t lie.

Wouldn’t be surprised after this game if there was some kind of change. New owners , poor results and an opportunity at another club ...

I blame the previous regime for braking up a very good side, their contracts were never renewed and sold on for peanuts without any thoughts of bringing in replacements not Heckys fault for me. Our new owners have a very hard job in keeping us in the championship.

Colliers, someone with some sense at last. Hecky had to try and build a new team with peanuts. He knows we lack quality and hopefully he will do something about it now we have the financial backing of new owners. This transfer window is very important as far as staying in this league is concerned

On the Plus side , we haven't dropped any points today , it's good to have a cup run , but I'd rather see us competing in the Championship next season than reaching round 4 , hafe a searson left and plenty of points to play for , wait until JTW is over and see who we bring in ,
    Shame about Jared Byrd leaving this week He would have been an ideal replacement for Williams , and IMHO a better all round player too ,

Listening to your manager interviewed on Radio Sheffield he sounds depressed. Not sure why he’s wanted by other clubs with his awful record.

If he stays at Oakwell can’t see you staying up so not be a bad thing if he leaves.

When he was doing well was it down to the team that Johnson built ?

Build a new team for peanuts asbin he bought a new team full of midfielders, I always thought a team consisted of 11 positions

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Build a new team for peanuts asbin he bought a new team full of midfielders, I always thought a team consisted of 11 positions

He didn’t buy all the midfielders

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Listening to your manager interviewed on Radio Sheffield he sounds depressed. Not sure why he’s wanted by other clubs with his awful record.

If he stays at Oakwell can’t see you staying up so not be a bad thing if he leaves.

When he was doing well was it down to the team that Johnson built ?
    Maybe , on the other hand he lost some very good players through no fault ov his own , it happens , you may think Wilder is the Bees knee's just now , and rightly so doing a great job , will he get the backing from your board ? In our case it was a missed opportunity to push on and pay wages that were reasonable , we didn't , so a total rebuild of the squad again , your board could quite easily make the same mistake !!

Does Hecky have the final say on who we bring in. He has stated in the past about having too many of the same type of midfield player, I am sure he wouldn't make that statement if he had complete control as he wouldn't have brought them all in. I don't think any reporter has asked Hecky or the club who is responsible for player recruitment and who has the final say, correct me if I am wrong but has the club ever stated this?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast