+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Moore Start On Saturday ?

Will Moore Start On Saturday ?

Hard to tell in my opinion , Hecky tends to let them play their way in to contention from the bench as a rule .

That said we aren't scoring goals and the lad needs to hit the ground running given our league position , sitting on the bench doesn't configure to the teams present requirements .

Then of course we may see a couple of additions in before saturday or Bradshaw leaving .

Could be an interesting dilemma for the Head Coach , maybe he never wanted any of them at the club at all for all we know .

Play him. Simple equation we aren't scoring goals. He's been signed to score goals and has been scoring goals. However, this is Paul Heckingbottom we're talking about.

He'll probably have him and Mallan pruning his roses.

I'm not sure he will start , I suppose he needs time with new teamates in training and see how things go , may come on last 20 mins to score a consolation goal on his debut

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Play him. Simple equation we aren't scoring goals. He's been signed to score goals and has been scoring goals. However, this is Paul Heckingbottom we're talking about.

He'll probably have him and Mallan pruning his roses.
    Hopefully not steve on many levels , most importantly being that roses should be pruned after the last frosts and about to break their dormancy , ***** to get this right if you want to see them in full bloom over the summer .

Our home record has been laying dormant for a year now

I'd play both mallan and Moore from start but PH will go defensive as usual and not take game to them again showing too much respect and hoping for a point that's why our home record is crap

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    I'd play both mallan and Moore from start but PH will go defensive as usual and not take game to them again showing too much respect and hoping for a point that's why our home record is crap
    What would you like him to do Dooali ?

Go gung ho and risk a heavy beating but accept the 4 or 5 nil defeat by supporting his ambitious tactics and at least we had a go ?

The gulf in quality and class between ourselves and Wolves could and probably will expose all our frailties , they have just made a £35m bid for AC Milan's Portuguese international Silva .

The last thing this group need is a heavy tonking at home given our present confidence levels .

A fighting 1-0 or 2-1 defeat gives us something to take from the game , a point would be exceptional and a victory off the scale .

He's to manage this group with a longer term view and try and keep confidence levels at a competitive level , it's a 20 odd game process .

It wouldn't be particularly smart to try and out score the clear league leaders who are brimming with PL talent with a team of inexperienced young lads .

Just my opinion mate .

Come on animal you are just having a safety first approach to the game same as PH YES I would like a gunho performance and loose as long as the players give 100% what does it matter if we loose 4-0 or 1-0 its still a loss but at least we gave it a go

Come on animal you are just having a safety first approach to the game same as PH YES I would like a gunho performance and loose as long as the players give 100% what does it matter if we loose 4-0 or 1-0 its still a loss but at least we gave it a go

Of course it matters how we lose , a tonking at home when confidence levels are low could be catastrophic for this group .

Your advocating taking on a team who went to the Etihad and didn't concede in 120 minutes , top the league by a comfortable distance and have significantly better players , we on the other hand can't hit a cow's @rse with a banjo , our last two league goals were scored by a centre half and when Bradshaw scored at Fulham it was our first goal in weeks .

Keep it tight and look to catch them , get the all important first goal and we are in business , concede the first goal and it's as good as over for me .

Absolutely no way can we take Wolves on in my opinion and expect anything other than a sound hammering .

It is what it is and we are where we are , the players simply aren't good enough to play any other way at the moment against significantly better teams .

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast