+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Can't be serious Michael Smith. Doesn't look like a footballer to me. Barnsley are laughing at us now, they'll be p*ss*ng themselves with that signing.
    Donno what your all shouting about you know as well as I do we will never get anyone worth shouting about.

Sad but true I mean I’d like Matt godden from Stevenage his contract is up at end of year and he’s looks good on pitch. Will we get him?

Not a bloody chance because it will cost money

Re. Godden, we'll wait til summer to miss out rather than embarrass ourselves now by having our £15k bid turned down.

I've said it and I'll say it again....put Ajayi up front.....TS saves money and we know the player and he could be a forward in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I've said it and I'll say it again....put Ajayi up front.....TS saves money and we know the player and he could be a forward in the making.
    Midfield maybe but not a striker

Why do you say that anyway what makes you think put him up front is it because of heading ball in net?

Broadfoot used to do that too but you never said stick him up front.

I don’t get it

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Re. Godden, we'll wait til summer to miss out rather than embarrass ourselves now by having our £15k bid turned down.
    Can see that happening and the sad thing is we could nab him up now before next years competition realise it.

However I doubt mr Stewart will pay bus fair never mind a bid for him

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Can see that happening and the sad thing is we could nab him up now before next years competition realise it.

However I doubt mr Stewart will pay bus fair never mind a bid for him
    do you honestly think were the only club who has noticed godden? what makes you think, as you say. " we could nab him now before competition realise"
    how do you know godden is a good player? have you watched him play? have you read reports on him? do you know if he has a contract extension written in? do you know we haven't bid for him?

im guessing the answer to them all is no with probably the exception reading about him. if you have read about him then im guessing then the competition have

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    do you honestly think were the only club who has noticed godden? what makes you think, as you say. " we could nab him now before competition realise"
    how do you know godden is a good player? have you watched him play? have you read reports on him? do you know if he has a contract extension written in? do you know we haven't bid for him?

im guessing the answer to them all is no with probably the exception reading about him. if you have read about him then im guessing then the competition have
    What makes me think he’s good 1 he was one of top goal scorers last year and also iv seen him play on tv (looks like Derbyshire and ward cross between) however his penalty kicks are rubbish

No I don’t know if we bid for him in this window but we did in summer.

He refused a contract extension because Stevenage refused to sell him so he refused to sign. Apparently that’s why he was on bench a lot at star of season.

No we wasn’t only club to notice godden however the clubs that were after him, are ether gunning for promotion and have already got their players in summer and are likely to get loans (guess work here) or they are struggling to stay in L1 (bury) and are in no position to attract him and if it’s not clear clubs like Barnsley who are trying to get out of being L1 teams are going for L1 players like Moore

Did that answer everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post

What makes me think he’s good 1, he was one of top goal scorers last year....
    last season he scored 6 goals less than john marquis of donny, he has 6 in 26 this year in league 1. danny hylton scored more goals than him last season. john stead and chris dagnell scored the same amount of goals from open play as godden did....

No I don’t know if we bid for him in this window but we did in summer.
    and warne said we wont be going back. wonder why

He refused a contract extension because Stevenage refused to sell him so he refused to sign. Apparently that’s why he was on bench a lot at star of season.
    read the link if you think hes out of contract soon which was written in aug 2017
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3605826.html

No we wasn’t only club to notice godden however the clubs that were after him, are ether gunning for promotion and have already got their players in summer and are likely to get loans (guess work here) or they are struggling to stay in L1 (bury) and are in no position to attract him and if it’s not clear clubs like Barnsley who are trying to get out of being L1 teams are going for L1 players like Moore
    again read the link. ipswich, charlton are just a couple of teams mentioned. maybe its the price that scared them off

Did that answer everything?
    yes you did answer everything. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    yes you did answer everything. thanks
    Yes they did want crazy money for him but that post is wrong about his contract I’m sure it’s up less than that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38174722

Looks like it’s only got a year on it

Didnt we signed Danny ward on a two year contract with the option of a third? Anyone buying him it =3 year contract.
    Maybe lazy journalist 😋

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast