+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thursday

Thursday

Is the day we usually make an announcement. Will there be one tomorrow or just the usual team update?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Is the day we usually make an announcement. Will there be one tomorrow or just the usual team update?
    I've been reading on twitter that there's a signing of a forrud very likely.

He scored a few for Swindon a couple of years ago but has struggles since being sold. Should ignight a bit of passion if it happens.

That fits in with Michael Smith. Did nowt at Bury but scored 1 in 3 for Swindon when they just missed out in the league 1 play offs. Think he could be ok for us if we can get his confidence back again in front of goal. Warne did it for Kieffs why not smiffs?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 10-01-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Michael Smith no thanks! A striker who doesn't play often for bottom league is a good indication of how good he is.

I would rather look in the lower leagues for hidden talent and take a chance. If we were the onces who bought Kieffer Moore for 20k or whatever it was instead of Ipswich then we would have a goal scoring striker now worth nearly a million in asset.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Michael Smith no thanks! A striker who doesn't play often for bottom league is a good indication of how good he is.

I would rather look in the lower leagues for hidden talent and take a chance. If we were the onces who bought Kieffer Moore for 20k or whatever it was instead of Ipswich then we would have a goal scoring striker now worth nearly a million in asset.
    I agree with the sentiment but I'm not sure we have the scouting set up to do it.
    I'm sure I read somewhere that, apart from Jamie Johnson, we only have 4 scouts in the big wide world looking for players and that seems woefully inadequate.
    I wonder how many Peterborough have for example because they have a good track record of unearthing hidden gems.

A huge NO to Michael Smith. Love to know how our scouting system works, especially if,as people tell me, it operates from Salisbury !

Could it instead be football's Mr NiceGuy, Niall Ranger?

Who ever it is I think we are going to hear the magic words we just couldn’t get it over the line

Andy Giddings

@Gids1980
    55m55 minutes ago
    More
    Understand #rufc are in talks with #buryfc regarding fwd Michael Smith. Also Lincoln City interest in Lee Frecklington genuine, but they are not the only ones

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Andy Giddings

@Gids1980
    55m55 minutes ago
    More
    Understand #rufc are in talks with #buryfc regarding fwd Michael Smith. Also Lincoln City interest in Lee Frecklington genuine, but they are not the only ones
    Can't be serious Michael Smith. Doesn't look like a footballer to me. Barnsley are laughing at us now, they'll be p*ss*ng themselves with that signing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast