Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: double signing

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    If we do, we do. We've brought in genuine replacements who are good, not wasted what little money we've got on bodies to fill the bench. I'm realistic: we can't afford to keep a player valued at £10m+. If we're using that to reinforce the team though I have no complaints.
    I agree wi your post Carpe,I don't want BROOKSY to go but if we get offered owt near £15million he'll be gone,i'd be amazed if we dint sell for that sort of money.UTCB

think its inevatable that the boy wonder will be sold but we cant lose either way if we keep him weve a fantastic talent who can help us get in prem or if we sell him weve a manager who given the funds from any sale can get us another 2 to 3 quality players to get us to prem utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    think its inevatable that the boy wonder will be sold but we cant lose either way if we keep him weve a fantastic talent who can help us get in prem or if we sell him weve a manager who given the funds from any sale can get us another 2 to 3 quality players to get us to prem utb ftp

"who given the funds from any sale", you joking? With McCabe as treasurer. Can't see it. Might give Tufty £3 or 4 million but no more. And that's from a McCabe happy clapper.

well if chris got half of the 10 million which is the minimum he should get he would bring at least 2 quality players in im certain and i doubt even mr mcabe would dare to give him less although im sure you will disagree mahat

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    "who given the funds from any sale", you joking? With McCabe as treasurer. Can't see it. Might give Tufty £3 or 4 million but no more. And that's from a McCabe happy clapper.
    Seems to me many on here just need to blame Mr McCabe before he refuses to spend the Brooks money. A bit like the RMT going on strike when the guardless trains have not yet be built.

Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Seems to me many on here just need to blame Mr McCabe before he refuses to spend the Brooks money. A bit like the RMT going on strike when the guardless trains have not yet be built.

Such is life.
    What might be called a pre emptive strike, in both cases, eh Chips?

At least one of them is based on experience.

Such is life.
    Agreed Chips - its daft. Leopard's don't change their spots though

Such is life.
    If this transfer window has taught us anything, it is that those who say that it can't and won't happen, are often interrupted by it happening anyway. The Board are providing sensible levels of funds to a manager who is spending them well. Its a great scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Agreed Chips - its daft. Leopard's don't change their spots though
    On the othe hand it seems like Leonards do.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    saved by the n

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    saved by the n
    Never been a pack animal Aya.

Pleased for once we are getting our business done early. Lets be honest though the expenditure so far is in line with the view CW has between £2-3 million to spend on incomings including wages. Taking into account what was spent in the last transfer window we will still have money left over from the sell on clauses of Walker and Maguire.

Pleased that both owners have seen the light and let CW spend a fair proportion of this but what would he have had to spend if the two players hadn't been sold? This will be a good transfer window if the only outgoings are loans or a few bob for some of the fringe players.

I would hope we can bring in at least one more pacy player who could cover the No 10 role. I would have liked a additional cover at LCB but maybe thats hoping too much. What CW has done is strengthen the middle of the park where our high intensity game has led to injuries, suspensions and tiredness over the last few weeks. Delighted we've got Leonard because we don't have anything like him at the moment, don't know much about Evans, seems to be a clone of Lundstram, useful extra body though.

20 days before the transfer window closes time to hold our nerve and tell other clubs we are not selling our prize assets this window. If that happens then CW will have done a great job in persuading our Kev not to twist.

What we really need is a good January on the pitch, starting Friday. If we spend the month in and around the play off picture it might be enough to not tempt the owners to cash in.

well lst i think lafferty if hes not sold or loaned out could slot in at lcb if jack gets injured and depending on how much longer he will be out with his injury callum semple is an excellent prospect in that position seen him a few times at the cliffe in last couple of years and he is very promising

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    have a like TT

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    A man of his word is CW.
    Perhaps now, all the nay sayers, conspiracy theorists and body language “experts” can cease their doom mongering and just accept that things are exactly as CW says they are. If he doesn’t tell everyone, everything they want to know, I’m sure he has very good reasons. Probably, to get the best deals he can for the club.

It's not Wilder that anyone has any doubts over, and never has been.

If we reach the 1st February and Brooks, Fleck and Clarke are all still Sheffield United players then we can start to believe that there may have been a change in policy at Bramall Lane

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    well lst i think lafferty if hes not sold or loaned out could slot in at lcb if jack gets injured and depending on how much longer he will be out with his injury callum semple is an excellent prospect in that position seen him a few times at the cliffe in last couple of years and he is very promising
    Has Semple started playin again? I aint seen owt of him playin owd lad.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    ...then we can start to believe that there may have been a change in policy at Bramall Lane
    Well, I wish we'd all hurry up and give the benefit of any doubt, rather than looking for signs of sins and indiscretions from many moons ago. We, as a fanbase, do seem extraordinarliy welded to old grievances, and false (falsified) memories of things said and done sometimes by people no longer even associated with the club. We are worse than any wife, who as you know can recall slight indiscretions in excrutiating details from 20 years ago and more, as if they happened yesterday.

Let tonight be a joyful sacking of the oinkers, then lets move on. This clubs future has rarely looked as bright as it does right now, and the past needs to be left where it belongs, not trotted out everytime someone puts something stupid on Twitter. Have a bit of faith and forgiveness.

UTB Onwards and upwards!
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 12-01-2018 at 07:37 AM.

think hes still out rod didnt they say he would be out for 9 months so realistically it will be next season before we see him again just hope the injury hasnt affected him too badly cos for me hes a fine prospect along with sam graham his centre back partner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12