+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A big thank-you to Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Not to detract from the fred but what ever became if Ince's boy? I tried googling but I can't remember his first name. He looked like he was going places.
    Tom Ince is at Huddersfield

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Pig sick that Yates has gone but as mentioned you can only wish the chap all the best, I really hope he is not wasted at S****horpe and actually gets the games he deserves, lets hope Noble hits the ground running and Hewitt will be as good as he has been so far for the rest of this season... Goodbye Mr Yates and thank you.
    Juries still out with me and Mr Noble, leopard and spots and all that... We have to face facts football is a mercenary sport doesn't matter what league you play in, whether it's for more money or gaining more experience..... I'm sure Bish will take him under his wing unless he's there to replace him of course Thanks Ryan Yates, hope it works out for you at Scunny....before your big move back to Florist in the Prem

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    Tom Ince is at Huddersfield
    Cheers for the reply. Seems he's getting lots of game time there but he's not scoring prolifically.

Scored his first premier league goal the other week Andy

Yes, but compared to his game time I'd have expected him to bag more.

Up until his goal..he recorded more shots without scoring than any player in the league.

Loved him as a player..
    Real gutsy young man.
    But if the grass is greener elsewhere
    See ya
    Good luck
    NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No hesitation in saying a huge thank you. Ryan Yates was just my type of player, obviously took pride in the shirt even though it wasn't really his own, and never once gave less than 100%. If we did a 'Player of the half-season' poll, he would have got my vote.
    Spot-on. After so many loan signings phoning it in over the years, it was lovely to see someone play with such commitment to the shirt and a will to win that shone through. Not the most technically gifted player you'll ever see, but he has a good habit of being in the right place at the right time in the box, and every successful side needs such a wholehearted, doing-the-dirty-work midfielder. Most impressive was that despite his love of a tackle, he didn't pick up too many yellow cards. Thanks and good luck, Ryan.

Talking of attitudes, very interesting documentary on BT Sport about youngsters in the game - including Joey Barton talking about why Premiership youngsters don't want to go out on loan to League 2 clubs. Well worth a watch:

http://sport.bt.com/video/bt-sport-f...91364241852638

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12