+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Trust chair to stand down

DUNDEE UNITED SUPPORTERS' FOUNDATION is better I think.
    Can the different groups be canvased to rally round DUSF?
    A whole body of support that would sing under one banner?
    As per the Foundation of Hearts who DUSF are mimicking?
    Can't we all merge, we're all after the same thing, there's but one agenda.
    The clue's in our name, right now we're rather disjointed, we ought to unite.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    DUNDEE UNITED SUPPORTERS' FOUNDATION is better I think.
    Can the different groups be canvased to rally round DUSF?
    A whole body of support that would sing under one banner?
    As per the Foundation of Hearts who DUSF are mimicking?
    Can't we all merge, we're all after the same thing, there's but one agenda.
    The clue's in our name, right now we're rather disjointed, we ought to unite.
    The obvious group to operate through initially is either dusf or trust as they have correct legal structures.

Of course Trust have the shares so maybe it should go through them as the vehicle to save any share transfer issues (needs club board approval) that may arise. They also have foothold in the community trust charity which would then continue unbroken.

Then rebrand as DUSF or whatever with all groups operating under the one banner.

That's one of the things I couldn't quite figure out with DUSF. Why not just take over and rebrand the trust?

Either way that seems the clearest and cleanest route to me.

You'd be looking at a membership combined potentially into 1,000 plus and I'm sure more fans would join the one main group.

After all. It's about Dundee United and not what faction you are in. I hope.

The supporters group list in this club news update highlights everything PF has been saying about consolidation. It's actually amazing the club are affording the time to be meeting with them all TBH.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...GS-UPDATE.html

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The supporters group list in this club news update highlights everything PF has been saying about consolidation. It's actually amazing the club are affording the time to be meeting with them all TBH.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...GS-UPDATE.html
    6 groups for a club with about 4,400-4,500 season ticket holders.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    6 groups for a club with about 4,400-4,500 season ticket holders.
    7 groups?
    DUSF
    Arabtrust
    DUBC
    FU
    Fed
    Ladies
    SLG
    What does this last one do, Supporters' Liaison Group? Are they for doing what we're needing, liaison?

I think it's a central group to discuss issues of a more day to day nature. Fan experience (if you can call it that) etc.

I know some think it was a way to try and shut down tough questions from the fed. But who knows.

There's haven't been much coming from the fed on the issues they have for a while.

Though I do note both the Fed and FU met DUSF recently with FU deciding not to encourage their members (how do people join?) to support/join DUSF.

Would be interested to hear the Fed's position on that meeting.

Now, if all the fan groups could come together under one. Couple of reps from each, and all get on the same page.

THAT would be power (potentially)

yup - could be

But, sadly...... egos

Couple of reps from each and an independent chair (local Mps, suppprters direct have been suggested) set up as a steering group.

Then iron out the plans for a merger.

One group instead of the current 7 for a club with about 4,500 season ticket holders.

But as you say, egos.

Is it about Dundee United Football Club and its short, medium and long term future or is it about each committee being "in the know" or feeling important?

I know where my vote would be cast.

I vote for Dundee United every time.

One group is all we need.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)