+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT - What Cruelty!

OT - What Cruelty!

2 stories I read tonight made me sad cruelty. Of course it's quite common that some become numb but no every child's death is just so sad. It's cruelty.
    I'm not gonna link, 1 7 year old raped killed and dumped in a dumpster in Pakistan and an 14 year old Aussie girl committing suicide after bullying and harassment, after some clowns took offense to her 'poster girl' image.
    Both were so innocent and pretty. How can people do this?

Sorry, another rant. But some times we need to express our disgust.

RIP girls. RIP.

Makes my blood boil. Most folk of my generation, based on my own knowledge of folk my age, were brought up under, amongst others, the adage of "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything".

Only a guess but the Aussie girl probably got most of the abuse online. It's the modern way. Too many people seem to think that the internet affords some kind of anonymity and that they aren't accountable for their online actions. They are, as some have learnt to their cost.

I just can't see how a monster who brutally murders and wipes out a precious life is allowed to live, it just don't add up. Lets just hope the death penalty is still used in Pakistan! The law really is an ass. Also what really annoys me is when you're in court you swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth then some highly paid lawyer or Barrister tells you to plead guilty even when you're not to get a lesser sentence. Why not just swear on oath to tell lies because that's what you're asked to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    2 stories I read tonight made me sad cruelty. Of course it's quite common that some become numb but no every child's death is just so sad. It's cruelty.
    I'm not gonna link, 1 7 year old raped killed and dumped in a dumpster in Pakistan and an 14 year old Aussie girl committing suicide after bullying and harassment, after some clowns took offense to her 'poster girl' image.
    Both were so innocent and pretty. How can people do this?

Sorry, another rant. But some times we need to express our disgust.

RIP girls. RIP.
    I think the lowest of the low are bullies, you see them all the time in everyday life
    absolute scumbags who lack intelligence
    There is a guy in my local town who thrives on being I the big I am ,who has been a bully since childhood and still at it now
    and everyone panders to them, (if they aren't the victim )
    They need public shaming , makes my blood boil
    Never ail or have any hardship in life and they say there's a God .............. rant over Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    I think the lowest of the low are bullies, you see them all the time in everyday life
    absolute scumbags who lack intelligence
    There is a guy in my local town who thrives on being I the big I am ,who has been a bully since childhood and still at it now
    and everyone panders to them, (if they aren't the victim )
    They need public shaming , makes my blood boil
    Never ail or have any hardship in life and they say there's a God .............. rant over Thank you!
    Yeah Eddy, I get you. But I also support the rant.
    The only way we can ensure that our repugnance and disgust at such violent crimes against the defenselss is by continuing to show our disgust.
    Remember there was such a time not long ago, when certain crimes were just swept under the bridge. Oh you're a child in showbiz, being fondled, oh don't make a fuss. If you're a woman and verbally harassed ***ually, deal with it. You're a migrant, it's ok take the bullying and abuse hurled at you. 'Happy slapping was funny. Priests fondling kids. And so forth.

It's only when more and more people starting registering our disgust, only then did the powers be wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I just can't see how a monster who brutally murders and wipes out a precious life is allowed to live, it just don't add up. Lets just hope the death penalty is still used in Pakistan! The law really is an ass. Also what really annoys me is when you're in court you swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth then some highly paid lawyer or Barrister tells you to plead guilty even when you're not to get a lesser sentence. Why not just swear on oath to tell lies because that's what you're asked to do!
    Thankfully they reintroduced it. But only after a school massacre by the Taliban (I think).
    I think this poor girls father has led a widespread campaign to get the killer. Hope he gets caught soon.

I'm pleased to report, the mother ****er who raped and killed the poor girl (and apparently at least 5 more) has been arrested.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKBN1FC2MO

The death penalty. There is possibly no more divisive topic of discussion than this. I fully understand the emotion behind wanting the death penalty for certain abominations.

I'm torn between two feelings. One is that certain crimes warrant the death penalty. Not many would disagree with that thought.

My other thought is one that troubles me greatly. Miscarriages of justice. Once the sentence has been carried out, it is too late to repair any damage. The accused is dead. If, at a later date, he/she is found to have been innocent, what then? If you have served a lenghty prison term for something you didn't commit then you can be awarded a (large) sum of money to try to compensate for all you have missed. It the sentence was death, what then?

Newly available DNA evidence has allowed the exoneration and release of more than 20 death row inmates since 1992 in the United States, but DNA evidence is available in only a fraction of capital cases. Others have been released on the basis of weak cases against them, sometimes involving prosecutorial misconduct; resulting in acquittal at retrial, charges dropped, or innocence-based pardons. The Death Penalty Information Center (U.S.) has published a list of 10 inmates "executed but possibly innocent". At least 39 executions are claimed to have been carried out in the U.S. in the face of evidence of innocence or serious doubt about guilt.

Timothy Evans, George Kelly, Mahmood Mattan, Derek Bentley. All hung in the 50s for crimes they did not commit. What reparation can they get other than no longer being branded a murderer?

In the 17th century William Harrison went missing. Police found slashed and bloody clothing on the roadside. After "interrogation", Harrison's servant, John Perry admitted that his mother and brother had killed Harrison and taken his money. All 3 were hanged. 3 years later Harrison returned claiming to have been kidnapped by 3 horsemen and sold into slavery in the Ottoman Empire. What could one do to help the 3 wrongly hanged people?

So, on the one hand emotion says hang those who rape and murder children but common sense tells you that one miscarriage of justice is two too many as you can't right the wrong once a capital sentence has been carried out.

It's a difficult conundrum and one that I don't have the wisdom to solve.

MadAmster I know exactly where you are coming from on this, but things need changing! Prisoners have to many rights!

Well how about having prisons as prisons and not hotels! drugs in prisons, mobiles in prisons, Tv's etc. get them back to smashing rocks and put chains back on their legs, don't make it easy for them and make it a place you don't want to go back to!. I don't mean this in a sarcastic way but there are some folk out there who could murder and be put into prison and enjoy a better life and they do outside of prison. Free accommodation, three meals a day free medical care I suppose in a way it's like a 5 star all inclusive but with no bills to pay! Also dept free for life. This life they have in prison isn't a deterrent in my book!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)