+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Yates

Ryan Yates

Strange decision by Forest to send him to S****horpe. I could understand him going back to you if he was going to be included in your squad but to recall him from a team where he is performing well and where you can keep an eye on him doesn't make sense.
    Yes Scunny are in a higher league but I would be surprised if he gets the game time he as at Notts. They have a Man Utd. Player on loan who as only played once and are rumourd to be after another midfielder.
    I am Dissapointed especially as it seems he wanted to stay with us but wish him all the best and hope he isn't just a bench warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Strange decision by Forest to send him to S****horpe. I could understand him going back to you if he was going to be included in your squad but to recall him from a team where he is performing well and where you can keep an eye on him doesn't make sense.
    Yes Scunny are in a higher league but I would be surprised if he gets the game time he as at Notts. They have a Man Utd. Player on loan who as only played once and are rumourd to be after another midfielder.
    I am Dissapointed especially as it seems he wanted to stay with us but wish him all the best and hope he isn't just a bench warmer.
    why is it strange. Forest now have a bit more commercial nous. S****horpe probably offered a fee to Forest to obtain his loan and most likely offered a bigger % of his wages than Notts were paying. The player himself had been tested and proven at league 2 standard therefore why not see whether he can make the step up to division 1. the deal seems quite straightforward to me. remember Forest run their academy for their own benefit. having seen many of the snide remarks on the Notts footymad site I would have serious issues about offering the hand of friendship to the Pies in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
    why is it strange. Forest now have a bit more commercial nous. S****horpe probably offered a fee to Forest to obtain his loan and most likely offered a bigger % of his wages than Notts were paying. The player himself had been tested and proven at league 2 standard therefore why not see whether he can make the step up to division 1. the deal seems quite straightforward to me. remember Forest run their academy for their own benefit. having seen many of the snide remarks on the Notts footymad site I would have serious issues about offering the hand of friendship to the Pies in the future.

We should also take Grant back or send him elsewhere. And let the snide remarks continue ad infinem.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
    spot on, NCFC should show more respect for the superior, not the club but the fans, at their age you'd think they'd know better.

Let us see what game time he gets at Scunny, if he plays regular then it is a good move for you and him, if he is a bench warmer then that works for no one.
    As for comments by fans on a message board?? If the boot was on the other foot your fans would be the same especially when you are told he is here for the season then recalled and sent out again on loan.
    Last edited by i961pie; 12-01-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    spot on, NCFC should show more respect for the superior, not the club but the fans, at their age you'd think they'd know better.
    You don't post often now Es*** but you haven't changed still same old rubbish

the comments on the Notts board are mostly aimed at the Forest fans....as if they really had something to do with the loan arrangements. we are just bystanders just like them. i wonder if we would have seen the same bile and venom if they had loaned those players from derby or as in our case everton.

I remember quite clearly this has happened a number of times to us. Prem clubs loaning us players only to recall them and send them out to a different championship club for the rest of the season.
    We didn't bitch about it.
    Just thankful for the loan.

Whatever agreement Warburton made would automatically end with his sacking. I don't understand why the thickos there can't understand this simple concept.

And I laugh to read that a parent club should be grateful to the loaning club for 'developing' the player. I thought that club should be the one grateful for the loan.
    It's not like they are the only 1 club which we could have loaned the player to.

Personally I'd rather Grant experienced another club in whatever division. The different experience should help him develop further.

If Notts fans are adamant that we are their hated rivals then perhaps we should petition our club to treat them as such.
    No more loaning of players to your rivals.

[QUOTE=Romanis;38760862]I remember quite clearly this has happened a number of times to us. Prem clubs loaning us players only to recall them and send them out to a different championship club for the rest of the season.
    We didn't bitch about it.
    Just thankful for the loan.

Please tell me which clubs told you you had a player/s for the season then recalled them and sent them out on loan to another club.
    By the way I am not bitching about it but find it strange that a player who is playing regularly and doing well is suddenly switched, The proof of the pudding will be if he plays on a regular basis and progresses.

I'm not gonna waste time searching. That's more your fellow sadpie's street. Off hand I believe Ayala was one. A Fulham defender was another. We've had a few in our time.
    Fergie had the habit of taking players on loan from 1 club and sending them on to another if that team was 1 coached by a former player of his and asked.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast