+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Grant next ?

Quote Originally Posted by essexred52 View Post
    Im laughing this evening, you lot were laughing us 2 weeks ago over the MW sacking,
    And now look, since then we beat Arsenal and recruit a quality manager who got Mboro promoted,
    Kiss goodbye to you lot if we hit the big time again
    ...or it could go the other way. Fair enough though but I don't really get what you're laughing at. You loaned us a couple of unknown players, we improved them, you got one back and may get the other back. We've improved their value to your club and they've given us half a season of good performances. What's there to be bitter about?

Of course I could point out that you're only 8 points off the drop zone and we're only 4 points off the top spot, both of which 'could' lead to us being equals come August. But I'll refrain from that.

I'd love us both to return to the big time simultaneously to be honest.

Kevin Nolan! Been Managing you for half a season and he's the best Manager since Clough
    I'm sure he'd appreciate your compliment.

Im laughing this evening, you lot were laughing us 2 weeks ago over the MW sacking,
    And now look, since then we beat Arsenal and recruit a quality manager who got Mboro promoted,
    Kiss goodbye to you lot if we hit the big time again
    And this post shows why Forest have been in so much trouble for years, dillusional supporters who think the club are bigger and better than they actually are, which puts pressure on managers and the board. When people realise that they are only a lower league championship club and have no given right to be in the Premier League then the club will go forward. Unfortunately supporters ( and Colin Frey and Radio Red ) think they don’t have to work for promotion or success they think it’s a given.

oh really, not grateful for these quality loan players we've helped you with then??
    Your post says it all Really, you get what you deserve I hope, a play off failure!.
    Fed up of talking to yourself over on your board Essex?
    Mind you as you and your predictions have a 100% failure rate (are you Johnny T in disguise) that is very encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It has been my concern for a while that some people may have forgotten that Forest are a bunch of c**ts.

This is all a good reminder that Forest are in fact a bunch of c**ts.

Like getting in a new striker, I hope we’re at least somewhat prepared for this eventuality.
    You ought to be pleased that we've been on hand to provide you with decent players over the years who probably have kept you in the Football League. Due to our new manager's lack of local knowledge he might not know you exist which is a point you should bear in mind.

Nice to see Derby doing so well this season, no locally to rival them.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'm sure he'd appreciate your compliment.
    love it....

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    Nice to see Derby doing so well this season, no locally to rival them.
    What about Leicester?

Quote Originally Posted by adlestropred View Post
    You ought to be pleased that we've been on hand to provide you with decent players over the years who probably have kept you in the Football League. Due to our new manager's lack of local knowledge he might not know you exist which is a point you should bear in mind.
    Thanks for coming on here and educating us. Is there anything else you can help us with.

Really, they look at you like you do us.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    A lot of fans will feel this way about it, but to my mind it's just the football business. There's no sentiment.

Forest loaned us Grant and Yates because they didn't need them for their first-team, but knew that match time at Notts would either develop them into stronger first-team candidates or put them in the shop window. It was a decision to suit Forest, which happened to help us. There probably was a friendly understanding between Warburton and Nolan to a degree, but Warburton has gone and now Karanka has his own ideas, and these are his players to do with as he likes. Clearly, we didn't have any water-tight, written agreement to keep them here, so it's simply a case of changing situations. We don't owe Forest any overwhelming gratitude for loaning the players, but they don't owe us anything either.

Pierce Bird has just gone on loan to Alfreton and hopefully he will be a star there and become an integral part of their team, but it's the same situation. We've lent him to Alfreton because we feel it will be in his and our long term interests, and if we have a shortage of centre halves over the next few months we'll no doubt recall him, whether it damages Alfreton's first team or not. It's football business, pure and simple. There's nothing especially honourable or dishonourable about it.
    As Alfie Solomon said 'Big f#€*s small"

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    As Alfie Solomon said 'Big f#€*s small"
    Someone's been watching Peaky Blinders.
    Last edited by navypie; 12-01-2018 at 10:21 AM.

What really annoys me is forest should be a league 1 team, for 2 reasons

1) last season stayed up because of the 3 points they got against Newcastle , who were unfairly reduced to 9 men, later overturned.Forest would have never got 3 points if it was 11 against 11, and been relegated

2) A number of years ago when Forest actually were promoted automatically from League 1 in 3rd place, because Leeds united had points took off them. Forest would never have gone up in the play offs

Twice they got away with it

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    What really annoys me is forest should be a league 1 team, for 2 reasons

1) last season stayed up because of the 3 points they got against Newcastle , who were unfairly reduced to 9 men, later overturned.Forest would have never got 3 points if it was 11 against 11, and been relegated

2) A number of years ago when Forest actually were promoted automatically from League 1 in 3rd place, because Leeds united had points took off them. Forest would never have gone up in the play offs

Twice they got away with it
    Last season I'm sure there were absolutely no incidents where poor refereeing denied us points - rubbish refs only gave us points didn't they?

Leeds went into administration you idiot. How did Forest 'get away with it'?
    They are looooong straws you're clutching at.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Last season I'm sure there were absolutely no incidents where poor refereeing denied us points - rubbish refs only gave us points didn't they?

Leeds went into administration you idiot. How did Forest 'get away with it'?
    They are looooong straws you're clutching at.
    Just leave it mate. Don't bully meh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvk3fwmrZIs

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Just leave it mate. Don't bully meh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvk3fwmrZIs

The funny thing is, that is one of the more “intelligent” red dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Congratulations dam617. I didn't think you would manage it, but you've finally hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    The funny thing is, that is one of the more “intelligent” red dogs.
    Can't argue with that. The video evidence actually proves he had his shirt on the right way round. In fact, after checking on Google he finished second in the 'Forest Mastermind 2017' competition. Apparently the winner not only had his shirt on the right way round, but he also managed to spell his own name correctly.

So, let me get this right, you hate Forest and even if Kevin Nolan brings in more Forest youngsters, you are not going to accept them.

So much for Jake Taylor, Elvis Otim, Alan Ahmedhozic and the others then.

Far too much time wasted on those Karankas this week.

Best way to deal with all this is to smash Lincoln tomorrow again. I thank you.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast