+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant next ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    All that is true. However the key thing here for me is putting into writing that they were staying for the season. They’re claiming that it was Warburton who put that in writing and so they’re no longer bound by it. May or may not be true. And 500 grand for Grant is decent money.

But it’s a bit like a winning a bet with a mate. Does he have any legal obligation to honour it? Absolutely not. Would you think he was a bellend and probably not trust his word ever again if he didn’t? Of course.
    'They’re claiming that it was Warburton who put that in writing and so they’re no longer bound by it'.

Where's that from?

Why all the F'ing and blinding? Those that shall not be mentioned are in all probability doing a bit of business, not spiting us. L1 experience for Yates and £500k (?) for Grant. They aren't a charity and a new regime over there sweeps the board clean. Recalls would have been written in the initial loan agreement so it shouldn't have been a surprise.
    Just thanks to the both of them, good luck to the both of them, and come on AH, dig deep and don't let this set us back. We have a great opportunity to get promotion let's not stumble for the sake of a few quid ( )

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    They have done us a favour and we have done them a favour its that simple....If Forest have a few more gems we should take them if possible its not about us and them its what suits US that matters.
    How have they done us a favour? In December, Alan Hardy stated he had it in writing from Forest that Yates and Grant would stay for the rest of the season. Reneging on a deal is not doing someone a favour.

Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    3 Dec 2017

They could but they won’t be. We’d like to thank Forest for their confirmation in writing that both Yates & Grant are with us for the whole season 👏👏👏

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    How have they done us a favour? In December, Alan Hardy stated he had it in writing from Forest that Yates and Grant would stay for the rest of the season. Reneging on a deal is not doing someone a favour.

Alan Hardy
    3 Dec 2017

They could but they won’t be. We’d like to thank Forest for their confirmation in writing that both Yates & Grant are with us for the whole season 👏👏👏
    By loaning us the players in the first place as we would not have been able to sign them on a full time deal.

Well i'm not getting into what may or may not have been agreed its pretty obvious it wasn't a water tight deal.

I can see what you mean if you shake on a deal and say they are here for the season then that should be the case but thats not how the world is today its a very selfish place.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    By loaning us the players in the first place as we would not have been able to sign them on a full time deal.

Well i'm not getting into what may or may not have been agreed its pretty obvious it wasn't a water tight deal.

I can see what you mean if you shake on a deal and say they are here for the season then that should be the case but thats not how the world is today its a very selfish place.
    The EFL rules give clubs the option to recall a season long loanee in the transfer window. My point is, Hardy had it in writing in December that this wouldn't happen. Of course, the world is like that today and always has been for a club which was once found by a Premier League enquiry to have a culture of corruption. I would expect nothing from Forest, but Alan Hardy was supposed to be mates with them.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 11-01-2018 at 01:37 PM.

They're frightened I tell ya Mr Mainwaring! They're not safe from the drop and we're in the hunt for promotion...still a possibility of overtaking them next season remember

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    All that is true. However the key thing here for me is putting into writing that they were staying for the season. They’re claiming that it was Warburton who put that in writing and so they’re no longer bound by it. May or may not be true. And 500 grand for Grant is decent money.

But it’s a bit like a winning a bet with a mate. Does he have any legal obligation to honour it? Absolutely not. Would you think he was a bellend and probably not trust his word ever again if he didn’t? Of course.
    Notts would probably do the same, especially if the 500 grand offer is true.

The EFL rules give clubs the option to recall a season long loanee in the transfer window. My point is, Hardy had it in writing in December that this wouldn't happen. Of course, the world is like that today and always has been for a club which was once found by a Premier League enquiry to have a culture of corruption. I would expect nothing from Forest, but Alan Hardy was supposed to be mates with them.
    That's correct but we don't know the terms of the deal for Yates it might be on loan now and buy him at the end of the season.

Of course it is wrong but when money is involved anything can happen.

A simple rule is don't trust anybody I mean Big Sam said he wasn't leaving 2 days later he is at Bolton !

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    But does it bite us on the bum?
    We’ve had two players for half a season of the calibre we couldn’t have hoped to sign and we’re second in the league.
    I don’t think there are any lessons to be learned as I would certainly take two players of that calibre next season and run the risk of losing them in Jan!
    at last a voice of reason.

Alan Hardy
    3 Dec 2017

Define having it in writing.
    AH- Dear Forest, will you be recalling Yates and Grant?
    Forest- Dear AH, we don’t see any reason why we would.

Two bids and a sacked manager later they have their reasons.

It’s a LOAN system. They have the right to recall them and they’ve exercised that right, end of story. They have massively helped us to achieve what no fan thought we would at this stage in the season, now we have to go and play the markets again!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast