+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brooks and Clarke

Talking Brooks and Clarke

So, Ive heard a few times of different sources that our boy Brooks is off to Liverpool for C. £20m, And....

He isn't allowed to play again for the Blades until the deal is done, but once done we keep him for the remainder of this season. The hold is is how much of the £20m is cash up front v add-on's

Also that we have had a significant offer for Clarke from Villa.

Don't pretend to be ITK but found it a little coincidental so thought id put it our there.

Tin hat on, and source is always Hendos

We should sell Clarke, if we want to sh1t all over ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    We should sell Clarke, if we want to sh1t all over ourselves.
    It would be ridiculous - not just weakening ourselves but strengthening a close promotion rival. I'm sure it can't be true.

He's just signed a new contract and Wilder said in an interview that he could have doubled his wages elsewhere but that he's happy here.

So I think we can forget this one and just worry about Fleck and Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by bladesince64 View Post
    He's just signed a new contract and Wilder said in an interview that he could have doubled his wages elsewhere but that he's happy here.

So I think we can forget this one and just worry about Fleck and Brooks.
    I'm genuinely concerned the Evans is the insurance policy for Fleck leaving.

I’d be stunned if Fleck was allowed to leave unless it was for silly money, he’s integral to how we play.

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    I'm genuinely concerned the Evans is the insurance policy for Fleck leaving.
    me more, Wilson cover for Brooks.......

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    CW wouldn't allow any interference from another club in who could play for the Blades so the Brooks story is just conjecture. The lad has GF. Does anyone think he wouldn't be in the starting line up against the Pigs if he wasn't fit, he will be a big loss tomorrow. Liverpool are interested but thats what it is interest. If they were that keen they would have let us have Kent on loan without the silly must play conditions.

Villa are interested in Clarke but we have headed that one off by giving him a new contract. Rumours regarding Fleck won't go away either for the next 20 days. The Board for once in my lifetime have to stand their ground and back their manager.

Evans has been brought in to add something from the bench. CW alluded to his lack of options after the game on Saturday. I expect the likes of Hennighan, Lavery and Thomas to go out on loan and Carruthers to go if we get a bid from a team down south. So numbers wise we are only replacing what is going out.
    Mumwell would like Heneghan back on loan but i've heard Rovrum are interested and i've also been told by a Miller that Richard Wood could be on his way to Chezzy on a permanent deal,which could be why they're in for Heneghan. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    CW wouldn't allow any interference from another club in who could play for the Blades so the Brooks story is just conjecture. The lad has GF. Does anyone think he wouldn't be in the starting line up against the Pigs if he wasn't fit, he will be a big loss tomorrow. Liverpool are interested but thats what it is interest. If they were that keen they would have let us have Kent on loan without the silly must play conditions.

Villa are interested in Clarke but we have headed that one off by giving him a new contract. Rumours regarding Fleck won't go away either for the next 20 days. The Board for once in my lifetime have to stand their ground and back their manager.

Evans has been brought in to add something from the bench. CW alluded to his lack of options after the game on Saturday. I expect the likes of Hennighan, Lavery and Thomas to go out on loan and Carruthers to go if we get a bid from a team down south. So numbers wise we are only replacing what is going out.
    I certainly hope that you are right and my whispers are wrong. Out of interest, why haven't you mentioned Wilson? Surely hes more of an off the bench game changer.....

It begins.....again.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast