+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injury update

Injury update

Joe Ledley might be back for the Blues game on Saturday but he is more likely to be available for the Bristol game.

BJ's back injury is looking worse than at first thought and he could be out for a while.

This might give Hanson a chance at game time in his proper position rather than at right back or right half.

GR is looking at ins and outs to strengthen the squad and get fringe players game time elsewhere....

Full story https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/01/...d-duos-fitness

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Joe Ledley might be back for the Blues game on Saturday but he is more likely to be available for the Bristol game.

BJ's back injury is looking worse than at first thought and he could be out for a while.

This might give Hanson a chance at game time in his proper position rather than at right back or right half.

GR is looking at ins and outs to strengthen the squad and get fringe players game time elsewhere....

Full story https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/01/...d-duos-fitness

Do you really think Hanson can fill the role left ......really ??

I never seen anything regarding ability surprised he still at the club myself

Isn't "Back injury" football speak for "On transfer list"?

If Ledley isn’t back for Saturday it’s a concern...hope it’s not a cue for Kieftenbeld to run the midfield. Does suggest we need to strengthen, very reliant on Thorne all of a sudden.
    Think BJ took a proper knock at Hull, Adi...hasn’t looked right since.
    It’s the only role Hanson might be able to fill imo eddy. Been poor elsewhere...he does have some of the necessary attributes, bit of a last chance maybe.

Oh ye of the short memory. GTs first injury at Derby. Who filled in and didn't look out of place as the DM? Hanson, that's who. He played well enough to ensure that we didn't seem to miss GT.

Admittedly, he has done little since then, mainly through niggly injuries of his own. As I said in the OP, since that run of games, when he has got in it has been everywhere except DM. Personally, if the lad can play the way he did in that spell again, I would be happy to have nim alongside any one of TH, GT or Ledders in that DM2. It would, IMO, be churlish of fans to deny him that chance.

Mad. Yes I'm with you I wouldn't be bothered if Hanson had to fill in at DM He's had a stop go career with injuries He's only just come back from injuring himself showing off during the warm down at Grimsby after the abandoned match there He is good at winning the ball but that's about it give to them who can play But I'm tired of saying we need more midfield options but we've got no money so we will have to make do

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Oh ye of the short memory. GTs first injury at Derby. Who filled in and didn't look out of place as the DM? Hanson, that's who. He played well enough to ensure that we didn't seem to miss GT.

Admittedly, he has done little since then, mainly through niggly injuries of his own. As I said in the OP, since that run of games, when he has got in it has been everywhere except DM. Personally, if the lad can play the way he did in that spell again, I would be happy to have nim alongside any one of TH, GT or Ledders in that DM2. It would, IMO, be churlish of fans to deny him that chance.
    Can’t honestly remember an occasion when we haven’t missed a fit GT, Amster. I’m not knocking Hanson and would love to see him succeed. He can certainly tackle and has a decent free kick on him. It’s unfair to judge him as a makeshift fullback I agree, but he’s been there or thereabouts for a while now and needs to take his chance which I very much hope he does.

Hanson is 22 now with 42 senior appearances to his name. At his age he should be looking to play that many games a season and to do that he will need to drop a league at least. We've had plenty of these in the past, players like Adam Murray, Darren Wrack, Andrew Tretton (0 appearances) and many more who to succeed needed to go down the ladder. I like Hanson, he's a nice player but for a club with our apparent aspirations he is (unfortunately for him) not the future unless he makes a swift breakthrough and holds a regular shirt. Surely he doesn't want to be a peripheral player for his whole career?

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Hanson is 22 now with 42 senior appearances to his name. At his age he should be looking to play that many games a season and to do that he will need to drop a league at least. We've had plenty of these in the past, players like Adam Murray, Darren Wrack, Andrew Tretton (0 appearances) and many more who to succeed needed to go down the ladder. I like Hanson, he's a nice player but for a club with our apparent aspirations he is (unfortunately for him) not the future unless he makes a swift breakthrough and holds a regular shirt. Surely he doesn't want to be a peripheral player for his whole career?
    Can't argue with that, however, where we are at the moment, Hanson is a great cover player to have at this level as a DM. If we go up he will probably go as I don't see him as a PL player. If we stay in the SBC he is a relatively cheap but more than adequate DM cover player.

Hearsay: didn't Morris berate Clement for not bringing Hanson through into the 1st team?

Anyhow, what better chance for Thorne to stake his place in the side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)