+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bits from press conference

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    No news is good news: Smith. No mention of a Centre back, bring Dom Ball back. Talking about Sheff U defender whose never played. Happy with the keepers?
    TBH I'm happy with the keepers. Would probably have preferred Price to go rather than O'Donell, but don't see why we need 4 keepers at this level.

I think Rodak is good for now, will probably become great, and we probably won't be able to afford him in June, but doing a decent job this season.

I would be quite happy with Bilboe on the bench for experience. How many times in a season does a keeper go off injured / sent off & need to be replaced ?

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    TBH I'm happy with the keepers. Would probably have preferred Price to go rather than O'Donell, but don't see why we need 4 keepers at this level.

I think Rodak is good for now, will probably become great, and we probably won't be able to afford him in June, but doing a decent job this season.

I would be quite happy with Bilboe on the bench for experience. How many times in a season does a keeper go off injured / sent off & need to be replaced ?
    I’m just concerned when international duty calls, Price will be absent (injured or personal issues) and we have Bilboe in net with academy keeper on bench

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    No mention of Frecks.

Looking at getting a striker (before weekend hopefully) and Midfielder in

We won’t know until 23rd of Jan if one player we want will be here

Unless a better keeper becomes available then Warney is happy with what we have

Moore probably would have chose us if a championship club (Barnsley) hadn’t come in for him
    More bullshine from the club, particularly about Moore and 23rd January.
    If it's a press conference why don't our local journalists ask searching questions? For example:
    There are a lot of rumours circulating that Lee Frecklington has left the club. Are these true?
    What is the situation with Lewis Price?
    What has happened to Alex Bray?
    Have Muskwe and Bailey-King been given new contracts?
    Have Chesterfield shown an interest in signing Richard Wood?

Instead we get the usual propaganda from the club and the journalists just swallow it. Not impressed at all 😕

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    More bullshine from the club, particularly about Moore and 23rd January.
    If it's a press conference why don't our local journalists ask searching questions? For example:
    There are a lot of rumours circulating that Lee Frecklington has left the club. Are these true?
    What is the situation with Lewis Price?
    What has happened to Alex Bray?
    Have Muskwe and Bailey-King been given new contracts?
    Have Chesterfield shown an interest in signing Richard Wood?

Instead we get the usual propaganda from the club and the journalists just swallow it. Not impressed at all ��
    In fairness to the local journalists, I believe the 'press conference' these quotes are from is more just an interview for the ifollow service so there won't be any searching questions, I think the proper press conference is done afterwards, correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    In fairness to the local journalists, I believe the 'press conference' these quotes are from is more just an interview for the ifollow service so there won't be any searching questions, I think the proper press conference is done afterwards, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Well whenever it is you have to admit they never seem to ask any "difficult" questions Masborough.
    A lot of the articles are just bland and are often a simple re-hash of what's been written before.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Well whenever it is you have to admit they never seem to ask any "difficult" questions Masborough.
    A lot of the articles are just bland and are often a simple re-hash of what's been written before.
    Oh yeah, i agree with that, they only ever push it so far, but I think they'll at least ask the Frecklington and Wood questions today.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Funny how “paper guys” normally tweet through or straight after conference haven’t put anything on yet, must have had their mouths taped up
    True!

Perhaps the journalists dare not ask questions, has they could be banned from the stadium.

Look what has happened with the Daily Mail newspaper getting banned on Virgin trains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Perhaps the journalists dare not ask questions, has they could be banned from the stadium.

Look what has happened with the Daily Mail newspaper getting banned on Virgin trains.
    Was a Mail asking a Virgin difficult questions on a train?

The gravy thickens!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12