+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matty Virtue signs from Liverpool

Looks to be an excellent replacement for Yates, who, good at breaking up attacks though he was, wasn't a great passer-out-of-defence of the ball. This Virtue laddie, although at twenty he seems a little late in making it into the first team, cannot be awful as he's captain of Liverpool's under 23s so you would think he could pass a ball. If we can keep Grant then I think a midfield of Grant, Hewitt, Noble and Virtue would be the strongest in League 2.

If we can't keep Grant, I wonder who the next rabbit out of Nolan's hat will be?
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 11-01-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Asked my Liverpool supporting friend if he had any info about him and the reply was "dunno, never heard of him so prob sh*te"

I guess a lot of Forest fans had probably never heard of Yates or Grant before they came out on loan here though
    A player doesn't get to be captain of Liverpool U23s by being prob sh*te. Fingers crossed he delivers the goods.

Asked my Liverpool supporting friend if he had any info about him and the reply was "dunno, never heard of him so prob sh*te"

I guess a lot of Forest fans had probably never heard of Yates or Grant before they came out on loan here though
    Not every Liverpool supporter is a Mastermind of knowledge about his club, I don't know about your mate but few supporters of any club have info about all their second team players and as Matty Virtue is captain of Liverpool's U23s and your mate has never heard of him, he probably knows about as much about him as I do about any of ours.

I just have a gut feeling that we might just sign Grant. I really don't think he is in F words' plans and probably less so now Kranky is in the ejector seat.
    It might be with a first option buy back but AH is so full of surprises I wouldn't put it past him.
    I'm probably wrong, in which case I am an imposter using someone elses tag, but if I'm right boy will I gloat!

Vitue has a lot of praise from within Anfield and they aren't free flowing with compliments for the sake of it.
    It's strange that he has come to us though, bearing in mind we are in the cloggers league.
    I suppose it will give Virtue some reality! .....see what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    I just have a gut feeling that we might just sign Grant. I really don't think he is in F words' plans and probably less so now Kranky is in the ejector seat.
    It might be with a first option buy back but AH is so full of surprises I wouldn't put it past him.
    I'm probably wrong, in which case I am an imposter using someone elses tag, but if I'm right boy will I gloat!

Vitue has a lot of praise from within Anfield and they aren't free flowing with compliments for the sake of it.
    It's strange that he has come to us though, bearing in mind we are in the cloggers league.
    I suppose it will give Virtue some reality! .....see what I did there?
    I don't think we can afford to buy Grant

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I don't think we can afford to buy Grant
    Maybe not but there are payment plans.

When I watch Grant I don't see a Championship player. He has scored a lot of goals this year but he's not what I would call a natural goalscorer.
    Next year the ball may not fall for him and then he wouldn't be getting the headlines.
    Without being over critical he has his faults hence I don't think his fee would be mega high.
    I suppose the cup run may decide his future, if still here.

I predict Yates will have a better career than Grant.

Like your enthusiasm Delroy

Another masterstroke by Notts.
    Linky is his stats for last 3 seasons

https://uk.soccerway.com/players/mat...-thick/376867/
    Last edited by Steward; 11-01-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Not every Liverpool supporter is a Mastermind of knowledge about his club, I don't know about your mate but few supporters of any club have info about all their second team players and as Matty Virtue is captain of Liverpool's U23s and your mate has never heard of him, he probably knows about as much about him as I do about any of ours.
    Think you misheard, he captained them against United but he wasn't their outright captain, that was Corey Whelan, who has just joined Yeovil on loan.

Not trying to be overly negative, thats why I made the point about Grant and Yates.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast