+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wood next to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    See who we sign in this window. Got to be better than Smith if Warney wants more then consolidation.
    Whoever comes along gwru its not right to suggest anything until you have seen them play in our set up,afterall even Moore did not come with raving reviews but left with them.

Surely we would need to bring in a centre half before letting Woody go anywhere. It would take us down to 2 left at the club. I know Vaulks can play there but he will be needed in midfield as Potter is still injured and Frecks will be off.

It would be suicidal to let Frecks and Woody go without having 2 players in first.
    If one of Vaulks, Towell, Ajayi or Ihiekwe pulls up in training or has a slight niggle we won't be able to put a team out.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    Surely we would need to bring in a centre half before letting Woody go anywhere. It would take us down to 2 left at the club. I know Vaulks can play there but he will be needed in midfield as Potter is still injured and Frecks will be off.

It would be suicidal to let Frecks and Woody go without having 2 players in first.
    If one of Vaulks, Towell, Ajayi or Ihiekwe pulls up in training or has a slight niggle we won't be able to put a team out.
    Have to agree.

Its ok everyone saying get rid, but we need replacements first. We need a one in one out policy, hopefully the one in is better than the one out

Regardless of peoples opinions of if Richard Wood is still good enough to be in the team (I think he is, for what it's worth), the fact is, he's been first choice at centre half for the majority of the season. He shouldn't be going anywhere before the summer in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Regardless of peoples opinions of if Richard Wood is still good enough to be in the team (I think he is, for what it's worth), the fact is, he's been first choice at centre half for the majority of the season. He shouldn't be going anywhere before the summer in my opinion.
    Masborough...fair points and probably okay to run with based on his performance this season but, we are in a situation where Wood is out of contract at the end of the season and if Chezzy want to table a bid then I for one would take it rather than let him go for nothing at the close of the season.

We have enough to work from and CAN recall Dom Ball if we want to. Coupled to this if Warne sees a more viable younger version of Wood for a snip, then let nature take it's cause. Wood has been a solid player for us this season but don't let sentiment blind your judgement, it's a business and players move on regardless. You never know Frecks might tell the Lincoln set up Wood is okay and they may step in and sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Masborough...fair points and probably okay to run with based on his performance this season but, we are in a situation where Wood is out of contract at the end of the season and if Chezzy want to table a bid then I for one would take it rather than let him go for nothing at the close of the season.

We have enough to work from and CAN recall Dom Ball if we want to. Coupled to this if Warne sees a more viable younger version of Wood for a snip, then let nature take it's cause. Wood has been a solid player for us this season but don't let sentiment blind your judgement, it's a business and players move on regardless. You never know Frecks might tell the Lincoln set up Wood is okay and they may step in and sign him.
    I know what you mean but any fee we'd get would be minimal, and I don't think anybody would be surprised to see us not manage to sign a replacement before the end of the month. We're woefully short in midfield, we can't afford to be short at the back too or we could find ourselves in real trouble. We had Vaulks who could cover centre half, but now now he's one of only two fit midfielders, One if Towell get's recalled. Onariase has gone and I doubt Dom Ball will ever be seen here again. That leaves us with two centre halfs. Ideally you'd have at least four, we can't afford to be left with just two.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I know what you mean but any fee we'd get would be minimal, and I don't think anybody would be surprised to see us not manage to sign a replacement before the end of the month. We're woefully short in midfield, we can't afford to be short at the back too or we could find ourselves in real trouble. We had Vaulks who could cover centre half, but now now he's one of only two fit midfielders, One if Towell get's recalled. Onariase has gone and I doubt Dom Ball will ever be seen here again. That leaves us with two centre halfs. Ideally you'd have at least four, we can't afford to be left with just two.
    Thing with Wood is that he wouldn't have signed for a 'peanut' wage and you have to ask could this wage be used to entice/invite a more youthful centre half to sign? All speculation I know but things move fast in football and we shouldn't be shopping at a food bank come the end of the month.....Harrod's was just another silly statement from our Chairman.

We’re waiting to fetch one in before Wood goes is the latest news

Warne said CB would be after the 23th, if it happens! So we got wood for at least a few more games. Tbh getting shut of wood is a bad move. He will go for nowt and ATM he's the only one who will play the ugly game...
    Play ajaye or ihekwe Vs Davis last away game and we get no points

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12