+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Happy Clappers - Surely even you can see

Maybe it’s your charismatic personality and wit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Oh dear....still rate Potter very highly though as he calms the midfield with his play and February is only two weeks away. Cheer up DV we aren't being relegated fella.
    Actually February is 3 weeks away. The end of February is another 4 weeks. 7 in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    Potter now out until the end of February....we’ll its a good job we have got cover.

Another cock up!
    Potters not played in weeks and we’ve been doing well.

So why is a sub being injured a cock up?

I think we should stop speculating until this window is closed, we're not privvy to what may or may not be in the plans for the rest of the month, there's no point either happy clapping or doom and glooming, just support the team that gets picked by the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Just block me, couldn't give two hoots about what you think, you're irrelevant to RUFC, you've admitted as much yourself, go and cheer the whites on, why are you still here?
    How did the job interview go MMM

Simple guys ....we are skint !

We're not skint though. Only last week we had a half million pound bid turned down for Moore. We've just had upwards of £100k come in for Frecks (admittedly this is peanuts in todays football but it's there) and there's the elusive Danny Ward money, which actually is probably what we used to bid for KM and not a separate 'thing'. We've probably got £600k to play with, along with a couple of decent wages freed up.
    I don't expect us to actually spend this money though, and eventually it will be forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    We're not skint though. Only last week we had a half million pound bid turned down for Moore. We've just had upwards of £100k come in for Frecks (admittedly this is peanuts in todays football but it's there) and there's the elusive Danny Ward money, which actually is probably what we used to bid for KM and not a separate 'thing'. We've probably got £600k to play with, along with a couple of decent wages freed up.
    I don't expect us to actually spend this money though, and eventually it will be forgotten about.
    Hazza, there are some common themes that run through every signing we make!

When the club mentions club record we may see the signing
    When the club mentions a club record and then tells us what the figure is then we're not signing the player.
    Everyone at the club goes quiet for at least 3 days before a signing.
    We only ever deal in undisclosed fees so if a price is mentioned it won't be a signing.
    We only sign players that the computer says yes to. Regardless of the quality if the computer says n then they're not coming.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Hazza, there are some common themes that run through every signing we make!

When the club mentions club record we may see the signing
    When the club mentions a club record and then tells us what the figure is then we're not signing the player.
    Everyone at the club goes quiet for at least 3 days before a signing.
    We only ever deal in undisclosed fees so if a price is mentioned it won't be a signing.
    We only sign players that the computer says yes to. Regardless of the quality if the computer says n then they're not coming.
    Some truth to that frog however we have made money this year on ward fisher and now frecks so I would hardly say we are skint, like so many people on hear say.

All I’m going to add is if Warne gets the players he says he wants in January (not loans but actual signings) then we will be in a strong position for next season.
    Like you said frog loans are good to strengthen your squad we should never have to build squad around them like we have done.

Also does any one remember a certain doctor saying we will have a relegation battle on our hands at start of season and all the doom and gloomers jumping on band wagon.

Are we not 7th in league?

Iv said this before but let’s not get huff on until after window shuts.

I think you're right Silly.

At least PW seems to be looking towards long term rather than just quick fixes.

Not sure about the 'not skint' bit though. Yes, we've had some incomings this year, but we are still funded by TS to enable us to break even each season, so we are not really profitable.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast