+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlton v Rotherham

Charlton v Rotherham

I don’t think we should have cancelled this fixture ?

We could have managed without JJ,Fergusson, ogbene and possibly Harding ! They have not been our core players this season.

I think we should have hit Charlton when they are struggling on a Saturday afternoon ! when travelling to London on Saturday would have been much easier for the team and supporters ?

Now we will have to cram in a Tuesday or Wednesday night meaning playing three games in a week with virtually no away supporters in attendance !!

Yes possibly but Charlton may have asked for it to be cancelled as well.
    Aside from some of their players being away they could probably do with a rest

Could do with a swift re-arrangement though before they improve

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Yes possibly but Charlton may have asked for it to be cancelled as well.
    Aside from some of their players being away they could probably do with a rest

Could do with a swift re-arrangement though before they improve
    Fair point. I don't know if things are going on behind the scenes at Charlton, but you've got to think that a club of that size will eventually start to climb the league 1 table. Then again, it's a funny old game, etc, etc..

Tuesday 2 Nov 7.45pm

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Tuesday 2 Nov 7.45pm
    Yes absolutely bizarre three days after playing Sunderland at home in possibly the biggest game of the season we head to South London fatigued and travel weary? Who ever sanctioned this should be sectioned !

As I said should have played Saturday next !

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    I don’t think we should have cancelled this fixture ?

We could have managed without JJ,Fergusson, ogbene and possibly Harding ! They have not been our core players this season.

I think we should have hit Charlton when they are struggling on a Saturday afternoon ! when travelling to London on Saturday would have been much easier for the team and supporters ?

Now we will have to cram in a Tuesday or Wednesday night meaning playing three games in a week with virtually no away supporters in attendance !!
    I would say Ogbene has been extremely influential when fit.

Yes absolutely bizarre three days after playing Sunderland at home in possibly the biggest game of the season we head to South London fatigued and travel weary? Who ever sanctioned this should be sectioned !

I believe Charlton have at least 3 active internationals so maybe they had a say in the postponement?

As mentioned before, we also do not have a good track record of winning 'easy games against out of form teams' so maybe it's as much of a blessing as it is a curse.

It’s a hard life being a footballer. 5 shifts on nights out Saturday night skinful of ale up Sunday playing for the fighting cocks against Edlington Squires kick feck out of each other & back to the cocks for a afternoon session.

It's just another midweek game after getting this weekend off. Swings and roundabouts. They'll have a little breather now, before the next bunch of games. Also, it is only London, not quite outer Mongolia, they'll just about survive the travel I'm sure.

Two clubs decide not just us, EFL have to agree it’s it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast