+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Special Announcement

So what was the special announcement then? Did I miss it? Or was it cheaper tickets for the Crewe game. If so I'm absolutely elated, so much so I'm off down the local to celebrate, might even pass my fags around in the car park..!

A perfect example of Alan Hardy shooting himself in the foot by acting the big man on social media again. It this had simply been announced via the official site I think it would have got the praise it deserves, because it is a genuinely good offer. Instead, he builds it up as a "special announcement", which means the social media hordes are expecting nothing less than Lionel Messi joining us. The reason a good initiative has received a bit of a negative response overall is because he insists on setting the bar to unreal heights.

ps I am a ST holder but would never dream of moaning that some are getting a cheaper game than me. I paid up front for 23 league games and don't begrudge a penny of it. If he offered free entry for the rest of the season I wouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A perfect example of Alan Hardy shooting himself in the foot by acting the big man on social media again.
    I think the negative reaction you have perceived is really from a small group of moaning Minnies. It is fascinating that this is perceived by some as a social media gaffe and by others as a great bit of marketing. The world is kept interesting by people's differing views after all.

Personally I'd say a potential 90% discount is a pretty special announcement.

Moaning Minnie here....paid 110 groats for 46 live games......now with this Crewe offer....some scroats are watching the game LIVE for less than me!!!!......I have spittle all over my 9 inch screen......grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Moaning Minnie here....paid 110 groats for 46 live games......now with this Crewe offer....some scroats are watching the game LIVE for less than me!!!!......I have spittle all over my 9 inch screen......grrrrr
    Blimey I hadn't even considered the iFollow contingent overseas! Fair point sir.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Tarqs I am off to NZ next week for almost 3 months how does this Ifollow thing work?
    Can you have it for short periods like a month at a time or is it a one off package?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Tarqs I am off to NZ next week for almost 3 months how does this Ifollow thing work?
    Can you have it for short periods like a month at a time or is it a one off package?
    Once the season starts, the "season ticket" package is removed and you buy a match pass....not sure of the price but I think it is 5 groats a game....enjoy NZ, i961, it is on my bucket list of places to visit before I go to the great saloon bar in the sky.....just voted on the BBC site as the 4th best place to live in the World

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I think the negative reaction you have perceived is really from a small group of moaning Minnies. It is fascinating that this is perceived by some as a social media gaffe and by others as a great bit of marketing. The world is kept interesting by people's differing views after all.

Personally I'd say a potential 90% discount is a pretty special announcement.
    It is a good offer and I am sure it may well put a few hundred on the gate.
    It was a poorly timed/worded statement though you have to agree? It is the transfer window, all the statements coming out of the club/twitter have been "Players coming in, statement soon" type announcements. So a "Special announcement" could be perceived by anyone to relate to a transfer. Bit of an anti-climax for some. Why not just say, when he could, "Good news folks. Crewe for 2" I wonder if he runs these things by anyone?

Next Special Announcement. South Glade in Bestwood to be the new training ground? If so this will be a major blunder.

AH has all the hallmarks of RT early doors.I know he wants to let fans in on news,possibilities,but not a good idea.
    Keep schtum till the ink is dry,unless it's the scum.We don't want the Trews episode further down the road.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast