+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January Window So Far

January Window So Far

One possibly for the future
    One looking for a home
    Alan said hopefully 2 more announced soon so hopefully a striker and centre half
    If we lose Grant the remainder of the season will be interesting with Luton Cov Stags Lincoln and maybe Exeter Accy and the usual late runner all looking to make the top three or seven.

Personally I don’t think Grant staying or going will make the 2nd half of our season any less interesting. We have a cushion that allows for the inevitable blip (hopefully we have had it when we drew several games recently) so I am not overly concerned.
    Grants goals have helped but his all round performances have been inconsistent and plenty of other players have performed better without getting any glory.
    That said I would obviously want us to keep a player that has lots of ability and even when not playing well can pop up with a decisive goal. After all Grant is the only player in black and white this season who could pass the 20 goal threshold.
    As for January transfers, we could definitely do with a minimum of a new forward, a centre half is not as important IMO, obviously a couple of injuries would change my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    Alan said hopefully 2 more announced soon so hopefully a striker and centre half
    If.
    He was asked on twitter this morning how many more signings and replied "Only one if we get our man! Will know Tuesday"

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    He was asked on twitter this morning how many more signings and replied "Only one if we get our man! Will know Tuesday"

Name:  Capturetranny.PNG
Views: 520
Size:  11.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    That would definitely leave us short, not in terms of overall squad numbers, but for balance. We need a proper alternative to Shola as a centre-forward, and a good quality centre half who can genuinely challenge Brisley and Duffy for their places. Otherwise, long-term injuries to any of these three players would be disruptive.

Taking AH's tweet and only expecting one more in (and that only a possible) I would say that keeping Grant is essential. We all know a NCFC blip can easily turn into a great big fart!!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Name:  Capturetranny.PNG
Views: 520
Size:  11.3 KB
    Again, this is an ambiguous Tweet. He wasn't asked if there would be any more signings, just if there was any more signing news.

And he could mean the only immediate prospect of a signing (ie news) is someone we may or may not sign by Tuesday. That doesn't mean close of business for the entire window.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Again, this is an ambiguous Tweet. He wasn't asked if there would be any more signings, just if there was any more signing news.

And he could mean the only immediate prospect of a signing (ie news) is someone we may or may not sign by Tuesday. That doesn't mean close of business for the entire window.
    Trouble is people take these things at face value and a face value it says one more signing, possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

As I read it, also.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    As I read it, also.
    Listening to the "anniversary video", AH and KN clearly have a list of targets and offers from agents.....one of those is hopefully replying by Tuesday, but as the transfer window begins to close, one or two others might suddenly realise that a "big move" is not going to happen and might see Notts as a good bet for next season in L1......whether or not Nolo wants a "bandwagon jumper" is a different matter though.