+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Second Brexit Referendum..?

A Second Brexit Referendum..?

Seems like Farage is open to the idea?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018...-need-another/

Apparently, 78% of UK citizens want another one too?

Would we vote to "Leave" again I wonder?

I know, I would!

when do we stop having them?- We have had a result and so should stick with the result- end of

What is the question?
    I think it can only now be
    Do you accept the deal Yes or No.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    What is the question?
    the deal is done - we are coming out of Europe...like it or not

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    What is the question?
    Can't really say that OC the first one was to leave or not, and look at where we are now, no nearer leaving than before just a lot of politicians doing what they do best and ignoring the people who voted in the first place. Remember democracy only works when the people in charge agree with the answer and if they don't we didn't know what we were voting for.

Quote Originally Posted by SERVERNOTRESPONDING View Post
    Can't really say that OC the first one was to leave or not, and look at where we are now, no nearer leaving than before just a lot of politicians doing what they do best and ignoring the people who voted in the first place. Remember democracy only works when the people in charge agree with the answer and if they don't we didn't know what we were voting for.
    You can rest assured that we are coming out as that was what the vote was cast for- it's only the detail of the deal that needs to be thrashed out. Come 11:00pm on 19 March 2019- we are OUT, OUT, OUT.......End of story, Jack...

I always thought the purpose of referendums was to settle a debate, not start one.

You do have to wonder why the Remoaner establishment is in such a panic about the 5th largest economy in the world governing itself. Just exactly what is it they're not going to get from the EU when we leave. Or should the question be how much are they not going to get from the EU. With the amount of moaning, groaning and squealing going on, some powerful people and organisations must be doing very well on that EU gravy train.

Having seen first hand the North West Labour MEP's remuneration and rewards and their negative contribution to our area it is clear to me that this particular gravy train needs derailing fast.

I noticed yesterday that the UK's manufacturing output rose again last month, despite an absolutely useless Tory government doing their best to undermine our entrepreneurial spirit with no firm plans for Brexit.

The Labour Party will harness the best from our private sector, sort out the public sector and march onwards and forwards. There is no time for prevarication Jeremy, nail your colours to the mast, add another 10% to our voting base and book the removal fan for Number 10 Downing Street! Let's just do it!

Attachment 8009

But Jeremy is plastic so will be banned.

Now what is Labours Brexit strategy. The Labour girl, sorry lady, on Question time could only waffle when this topic was raised there.

They also felt it was a Farage publicity stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

I noticed yesterday that the UK's manufacturing output rose again last month, despite an absolutely useless Tory government doing their best to undermine our entrepreneurial spirit with no firm plans for Brexit.
    Yes amazing isn't it BT, despite Brexit, despite the Tories, the economy is doing OK, by now we should have had a stock market crash, half a million more unemployed, companies uprooting in their droves to re-locate to Europe etc. etc. but apart from a fall in the value of the pound against the dollar, none of it has happened, and the pound has regained most of it's losses now anyway.

On the firm plans for Brexit, May has already said we're leaving the SM and the CU, how we do it is to be negotiated, the EU flatly refuse to negotiate, so how can we have firm plans ? Trying to negotiate with the EU is like trying to nail jelly to a wall. She has to be the most useless, incompetent PM I've known in my lifetime, but on this I don't see what else she can do. She has stated where we want to get to, but she is faced by an EU determined wherever it is we want to get to, we aren't going to get there, and at home she has a traiterous political establishment to contend with, determined to undermine, delay and eventually reverse our decision to leave the EU. None of it helped by her shambolic election campaign, but that huge political misjudgement apart, I'm not sure who could have fared any better so far in trying to unshackle us from the EU corpse.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)