+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A Second Brexit Referendum..?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I don't want to sound like my two granddads but fcuk the Frogs, the Eyeties and the Jerries, we can have them for supper all day long!
    Simply shocking BT, some of my bestest friends are French and German, while the only Italians I know, Cinzia and Maurizio, in the Locanda at Gisburn, are lovely people as well. Shame on you, you can't abuse millions of people just because they're unfortunate enough to be governed by an unelected set of ****s in Brussels.

It's like someone abusing you because Theresa May's our Prime Minister. Thinking about it though, perhaps you should get the blame, if your lot could only get their act together for once, and come up with some sensible, coherent policies, she wouldn't be Prime Minister. You can still hope though.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Here's something which I can guarantee will never see the light of day in the pages of the Grauniad or Independent, nor will it ever make a BBC news bulletin, not even tucked away in the last 30 seconds. And don't expect the EU to be commenting on it either, I can guarantee our friends in Europe won't be reading this over their croissants and coffee in the morning. Their media falls into line and gives Barnier an easy ride, they don't have traitors to contend with.

"no deal" outcome from the Brexit negotiations would lead to a £500 billion loss for the European Union, according to a new analysis.

A study by Patrick Minford, a professor of economics at Cardiff University, states that while a failure to reach a deal would lead to "short term nuisance" for both sides, Brussels would face a "substantial economic loss", compared to a net gain for the UK.
    Prof Minford, who chairs the Eurosceptic Economists for Free Trade group, concludes: "It could not be more open and shut who least wants a breakdown".
    The analysis comes after David Davis, the Brexit Secretary, *complained in a letter to the Prime Minister that Brussels was damaging British interests by talking up the threat to companies if the UK leaves the European Union without a deal.
    Prof Minford said: "For the UK a breakdown would be a short term nuisance but a substantial economic gain; for the EU it is both a short term nuisance and a substantial economic loss."
    According to the analysis, the largest cost to the EU would be from paying the UK some £433 billion in tariff revenue. It would also lose around £28 billion which the UK would otherwise pay into the budget period to 2020, and a reported £10 billion contribution to longer term liabilities, as part of a financial settlement, Prof Minford concluded.
    "Because its customs union with the UK would stop immediately, it would lose two years’ worth of the terms of trade gain its producers make on its balance of trade surplus with the UK- estimated at around £18 billion a year: so two years’ worth of that would be another £36 billion one-off loss," he added.
    By contrast, a breakdown in talks would lead to a "one-off gain" of £38 billion on savings in relation to the EU budget, in addition a £180 billion windfall as a result of bringing forward the "long-term gain" of *"free trade, own-regulation and own-border-control" in the absence of the otherwise expected two-year implementation period for a deal.
    The UK would also gain the total of £433 billion tariff revenue which Prof Minford calculated would be paid by the EU to the Treasury, he said.
    He concluded: "So plus £641 billion for the UK versus minus £507 billion for the EU: it could not be more open and shut who least wants a breakdown. For the UK a breakdown would be a short term nuisance but a substantial economic gain; for the EU it is both a short term nuisance and a substantial economic loss."
    On the other hand Sinkov...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7691271.html

You seem very convinced by Patrick Minford.

He helped to produce the only report in existence showing a benefit to the UK on leaving the EU without a deal.

It has been debunked.

If you are going to quote "experts" then why are you ignoring the vast majority of them, who take a contrary opinion?

Me? I'll wait to see the ACTUAL details of the final deal. If it indicates that we will be better off as a nation, or even be in the same position, then I will happily support it.

If it shows that we are likely to be worse off as a country, and my family will be worse off, then I will oppose it.

It's called democracy and, flawed as it is, it is the usual way we decide things in Britain.

You seem hell bent on wanting to leave, no matter what the implications, and the fact that more and more people are supporting my views, and I am struggling to understand your reasoning.

You criticise Theresa May and her Government - but you seem happy to kowtow to what she decides on this monumental decision.

Confused of Morecambe.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You've been listening to The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights again haven't you BT, that chap in his bungalow in Coventry, or is it Solihull ?
    The sheer inhumanity and murdering of defenceless Syrians is not a laughing matter sinkov. The UK, US and Russia are all complicit in this human tragedy. Where the fcuk are the UN to be found...again?

The sheer inhumanity and murdering of defenceless Syrians is not a laughing matter sinkov. The UK, US and Russia are all complicit in this human tragedy. Where the fcuk are the UN to be found...again?
    The Arab Spring eh BT, remember that ? Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, BBC newsreaders almost dancing jigs, Grauniad journos jizzing in their pants at the prospect of all those evil tyrants being toppled. And we were actually funding and arming some of those Islamist maniacs as they wreaked death and destruction on the poor sods who just happened to live in the region.

And all because Assad had to go, no one saying that seemed to notice, or if they did they didn't care, that Russia and Iran, the two biggest players in the region, backed up by Hezbollah, were saying the opposite. So untold thousands of deaths later, quite predictably Assad is still there, it was all pointless, futile, all that death and destruction, just because bedwetting liberals in the west thought it was the right thing to do.

If any institution was in need of reform then it is the UN.

It seems to be full of well meaning people but seems powerless when it is needed most.

It is a fantastic idea but in reality it just appears to be a talking shop.

I don't think it breaks our bank to be a member, but it could work a lot more efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    On the other hand Sinkov...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7691271.html

You seem very convinced by Patrick Minford.

He helped to produce the only report in existence showing a benefit to the UK on leaving the EU without a deal.

It has been debunked.

If you are going to quote "experts" then why are you ignoring the vast majority of them, who take a contrary opinion?

Me? I'll wait to see the ACTUAL details of the final deal. If it indicates that we will be better off as a nation, or even be in the same position, then I will happily support it.

If it shows that we are likely to be worse off as a country, and my family will be worse off, then I will oppose it.

It's called democracy and, flawed as it is, it is the usual way we decide things in Britain.

You seem hell bent on wanting to leave, no matter what the implications, and the fact that more and more people are supporting my views, and I am struggling to understand your reasoning.

You criticise Theresa May and her Government - but you seem happy to kowtow to what she decides on this monumental decision.

Confused of Morecambe.
    59/60, I don't know you, but I get the impression you're a good lad, someone I'd be happy to call a friend, this Brexit thing seems to be causing friction between us, which I don't like, so as we're never going to get even close to agreement on it, I'm going to do my best to avoid the subject altogether.

Awww Sinkov.

It's discussions like this that stimulate good friendship.

I hate getting involved in a chat in which we agree on everything.

Mind you, THAT doesn't happen very often!

Have a brilliant break!

And enjoy the French cuisine, the Spanish wine, the Italian decor, the German technology and the , er.....Brussel sprouts.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

And enjoy the French cuisine, the Spanish wine, the Italian decor, the German technology and the , er.....Brussel sprouts.
    I love my sprouts 59/60, besides I lived in France for 8 years, last May we were staying with our German friends in Stuttgart, this May some French friends from near La Rochelle will be staying with us, a couple of weeks later we're going to stay with some other French friends just outside Toulouse. A trip to the Italian Lakes is in the pipeline, and we've had numerous holidays in Spain and Portugal.

But why should any of this make me think it's a great idea for us to be paying £20 billion a year to be governed by a corrupt, unelected, bureaucracy in Brussels ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)