+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v The Owls

MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v The Owls

So it's upon us, the 2nd Steel City Derby of the 17/18 season, and of course live on TV. Somewhat more anticipated than the trip to Ipswich last week, but that did give us chance to rest a few a players - and still won A Number of new faces introduced 'this' week so it'll interesting to see how they feature...

Although our results haven't been great of late, the performances - on the whole - have remained good. As far as I'm aware that's not the same for our local rivals, but their new manager may change that. Still, he's only had a short time to work with the squad, and it could just as easily be a bunch of confused players as much as it could be a master plan.....

So bring it on....

Any team news?

Wilder's only had a short time to work with the new players, so which (if any) will start?

More likely to revert to the team that played at Derby?

Injuring permitting of course...

Brooks still out?

It seems the majority of their fans are really playing this down, and making themselves out to be underdogs. Perhaps they are, but it wasn't so long ago we were being told about La Liga.

Apparently last time they lost more than 2 away games by 2 or more goals (which they just have in the league) it ended with an 8-0 thrashing at Newcastle - dare to dream

Be safe lads and lasses, and let's really get behind the team whatever might happen during the early part....

4-1 Blades please

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    So it's upon us, the 2nd Steel City Derby of the 17/18 season, and of course live on TV. Somewhat more anticipated than the trip to Ipswich last week, but that did give us chance to rest a few a players - and still won A Number of new faces introduced 'this' week so it'll interesting to see how they feature...

Although our results haven't been great of late, the performances - on the whole - have remained good. As far as I'm aware that's not the same for our local rivals, but their new manager may change that. Still, he's only had a short time to work with the squad, and it could just as easily be a bunch of confused players as much as it could be a master plan.....

So bring it on....

Any team news?

Wilder's only had a short time to work with the new players, so which (if any) will start?

More likely to revert to the team that played at Derby?

Injuring permitting of course...

Brooks still out?

It seems the majority of their fans are really playing this down, and making themselves out to be underdogs. Perhaps they are, but it wasn't so long ago we were being told about La Liga.

Apparently last time they lost more than 2 away games by 2 or more goals (which they just have in the league) it ended with an 8-0 thrashing at Newcastle - dare to dream

Be safe lads and lasses, and let's really get behind the team whatever might happen during the early part....

4-1 Blades please

UTB
    I don't expect any of the newbies to start unless we have injuries.I tip 1-1,but i obviously hope Tonights The Night to pound the piggies but i just have a feelin it'll be a draw.UTCB

We could be in a much healthier position but we let Derby off the hook and missed a couple of glorious chances against Bolton.
    Thinking perhaps Leonard to start in place of Lundstram?
    Hoping Duffy is on his game as he could be the key to unlocking them.
    I expect the filth to be compact and defend in numbers and look to play on the counter attack.

I can't permit myself to be confident....but secretly, I am.

Confident about this one.

I also think Lenny will start instead of Lundstram.

3-1, with Lenny MoM and on the score sheet, akin to Virgil Van Dykes debut for L'pool

I think we will be okay tonight

Hate to be confident.
    We were huge underdogs when a certain god of a man was down with glandular fever but triumphed 2-0. We were even bigger underdogs for the return trip and won 3-1.
    We went there in the old ZDF systems cup and were expected to get trounced but gave them a game and lost 3-2.
    Tonight we’re probably strong favourites and for some reason that concerns me.
    As I’ve said earlier we have no idea how they’ll play but their new man has had a few days to work on exactly how well play.

Lets be honest...we are just a better side than them this season. I don't fear tonight at all. Hoping for a great game under the floodlights. Come on you red n white wizzzaaaaaarrrrrrddddsss!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    Lets be honest...we are just a better side than them this season. I don't fear tonight at all. Hoping for a great game under the floodlights. Come on you red n white wizzzaaaaaarrrrrrddddsss!!!!!
    I would have liked you to waited until the match was over before bragging BB.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    History proves the better side dunt always win Bolton mi owd pal,otherwise we'd've won alot more derbies than we have.I'm in my 60's and i shunt be gerrin nervous over football anymore but when it's dem piggies i get nervous.UTCB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast