+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pig and Grumble

Pig and Grumble

Have to say I quite enjoy the programme, but when the Parkgate Pig and Brian the Bore come on, I usually put the kettle on or spread some lard on the cat's boils till they've finished. Lo and behold the programme last night was given over to them as guest presenters. Listened to P/P and he tried to come over like a professional and ended up sounding like a total prat. Turned it off after 5 minutes of drivel and went and black leaded the oven.
    So I turn on the the Tubby Foster show this morning and the first caller is, yup you guessed. P/p as though he was the voice everyone in Sheffield had woken up to hear.
    Pleeeaaassee if anyone from Radio S is listening please consign those 2 to the scrap heap.
    Anyway can't wait for tonight. 3 - 1 Blades.

Someone on Porktalk, probably his mother, described McBrewer as "rational".

Made me think , why would anyone be that p1ssed this early?

They had them 2 as guest presenters?

Congratulations Radio Sheffield,a new all time low

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post

Did you hear him after the Burton game,a grown man crying on the radio,it was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post

I listened until 6.30 and by then i'd had enuff,both think they're "celebrities" in truth both are prats who like the sound of their own voices.UTCB

The format has been tired for years. There just isn't enough 'new' or interest to justify a programme evey night of the week. Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday, thats it. What the feck is there to talk about on Thursday after discecting the midweek game? The fewer who call in, the worse it gets until (as it seems) you end up with two dullards who like talking but have nowt to say. Its really cheap broadcasting though, so unless you can replace it with something equaly banal, I suspect it will limp along in its current Zombie like state.

Its the same problem with a lot of broadcasters, and especially the 24hr single function news channels. Sky have the same problem with their SSN programme. There just isn't enough news to fill 24hr of TV every day, hence all the pointless graphics, statistics and analysis, reruns every hour, etc etc etc, although at least with SSN you do get to see Kirsty Gallaghers ample frontage.

I've just seen on Staton's twitter page,before Brian left the studio,he did em a song,it's funny to be fair but my word the size of Brian's conk that's CONK(Nose) means it'd cost him a fortune to even half fill it up wi snuff. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I've just seen on Staton's twitter page,before Brian left the studio,he did em a song,it's funny to be fair but my word the size of Brian's conk that's CONK(Nose) means it'd cost him a fortune to even half fill it up wi snuff. UTCB
    That's mean.

It really was an all time low (I had to listen for 2 minutes just to check how bad it was). I hope the players didn't listen to that.

There are enough decent podcasts. Could they honestly not replicate some of those rather than persisting with the phone in? There'd be no shortage of volunteers if they were paid, like the RS presenters are?

If they are to have any callers they should have to be certified non retards.

Brian always sounds half cut to me these days. He seems to have no idea about injuries or fitness, he just spouts the same old stuff usually favouring young players , 4-4-2, Mark Smith the Pig and Ched Evans.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast