+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought v Lincoln

Thought v Lincoln

Thoughts not thought, plural, as I am capable of having several at the same time.
    Tough physical local derby, result was about right though we were under the cosh for long periods near the end. Lincoln looked a bit of a nasty side with their huge number 9 chucking his weight around....he made Darren Caskey look like the Slimmer of the Year. There were bodies lying around the pitch a few times and I will be extremely surprised if we do not have a few injuries for next week, Hewitt took a wack to the ankle, Brisley took a few nasty knocks along with Jones.
    The new guy looked a little out~paced though the few times he got the ball he looked ok, he was subbed early in the 2nd half by Noble who also never really got into the game....most of the balls forward were pretty frantic punts out of defence from our back 4 who were continually under pressure from the Lincoln forwards.
    Nolo will be furious at conceding our first straight after we had scored a great strikers goal by Stead who is getting better as the season progresses.....they simply punted a ball towards the corner flag, simple cross, knock~down and slammed the ball home.
    Grant had a good game capped by another superb strike, I think Jones playing allows him to find more central positions....IMO if we lose him without a good replacement we will struggle on the run~in.
    Summary .....defence played ok~ish under tons of physical pressure....midfield seriously missed Yates.....Stead, Grant and Aless had decent games up front, Hawk still cannot beat his man though he was involved in setting up Stead for his goal.

ps Why were there 3 or 4 hundred covered~up seats in the County end....surely they could have sold those tickets if offered to us?
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 13-01-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Thoughts not thought, plural, as I am capable of having several at the same time.
    Tough physical local derby, result was about right though we were under the cosh for long periods near the end. Lincoln looked a bit of a nasty side with their huge number 9 chucking his weight around....he made Darren Caskey look like the Slimmer of the Year. There were bodies lying around the pitch a few times and I will be extremely surprised if we do not have a few injuries for next week, Hewitt took a wack to the ankle, Brisley took a few nasty knocks along with Jones.
    The new guy looked a little out~paced though the few times he got the ball he looked ok, he was subbed early in the 2nd half by Noble who also never really got into the game....most of the balls forward were pretty frantic punts out of defence from our back 4 who were continually under pressure from the Lincoln forwards.
    Nolo will be furious at conceding our first straight after we had scored a great strikers goal by Stead who is getting better as the season progresses.....they simply punted a ball towards the corner flag, simple cross, knock~down and slammed the ball home.
    Grant had a good game capped by another superb strike, I think Jones playing allows him to find more central positions....IMO if we lose him without a good replacement we will struggle on the run~in.
    Summary .....defence played ok~ish under tons of physical pressure....midfield seriously missed Yates.....Stead, Grant and Aless had decent games up front, Hawk still cannot beat his man though he was involved in setting up Stead for his goal.

ps Why were there 3 or 4 hundred covered~up seats in the County end....surely they could have sold those tickets if offered to us?

Fair enough, now let's see what the travelling hordes have to say.

In other news, the Classless Club is losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Fair enough, now let's see what the travelling hordes have to say.

In other news, the Classless Club is losing.
    Interesting looking at the BBC stats, they committed 20 fouls to our 11, but had 13 shots to our 7 and 10 corners to our 3....from memory I think 4 of their corners were in the last 5 minutes of injury time......luckily our defence held solid though there will be a few bruises showing tomorrow morning.

The home crowd were pretty much screaming abuse at the ref most of the game, but overall I think he kept the lid on a match that was threatening to boil over.

Listening to BBC Lincs on the way home they were slating the ref big time. Apparently they had two stonewall penalties and we fouled their player in the build up to the first goal. No mention that Matt Rhead should have been sent off for elbowing.

Just got back, was pretty surprised that the referee kicked off after we scored our first goal as their goal net had collapsed during our celebrations and there was a team of staff trying to fix it. Can't understand how he allowed the game to continue before they'd fixed it to be honest but the players just weren't switched on I think.

Thought they could have had a penalty but it was at the opposite end to us so I'd need to see it again, Brisley and Rhead both went tumbling down and it looked iffy to say the least.

I'd say a point was a fair result, we were better first half no doubt but they came out well second half and we were hanging on for dear life at the end. Duffy made a fantastic diving header to block an almost certain goal and made a great tackle a minute or so later, thought he played very well today.

I thought 2-2 was a fair result I was very happy with the point at the end Lincoln looked most likely to win after Grant scores.

Seemed to me when Hewitt and Brisley were injured we lost our shape slightly before Green scored he was always a threat I thought Rhead was terrible.

Brisley and Hewitt were outstanding the rest of the back four dug in and Virtue had a very solid game we lost abit in midfield when he went off for Noble.

Grant didn’t play well neither did Hawridge but they worked hard we need a forward with pace other than that it was a good local derby with a lot of passion good to see us not buckle as well.

Had the pleasure of sitting amongst Lincoln inbreds even though some were my friends
    Got a lot of stick from others around me but understandable as I was in there segregation.
    Didn't hold back when we scored.
    Thought we were a little lucky to get a 2-2 score line today
    However we now understand how to get a result when our backs Are to the wall
    Big well done Notts county
    Missed Ryan Yates engine in the middle of the park as he covered a lot of ground
    Hewitt had a great game today and needed to step up for the cause.
    Was a pulsating game
    4 points taken from Lincoln
    Job done
    NEXT

Lincoln will be another team who’ll wonder how they’ve not managed to beat the mighty Notts County.

Decent first half, fully deserved to take the lead but then switched off immediately to let them back into it. Great chance for Stead at the end.

We were f00kin rammel second half from an attacking point of view. Time wasting from the off, but when they scored it really looked like it might be 4 or 5. Then Jorgie stepped up from nowhere and after that it was like the Alamo. Some heroic defending, particularly from Duffy and Tootle. Brisley looked like he’s f00ked.

Great point, Nolan is very much the pragmatist, he wanted a point out of that game and a point he got. Vertue looked good, Noble did nowt and we need something else up front, but we do keep scoring goals at ***** times which sort of gets you promoted if you do it enough.

We were ****ed by the end, the back four were heroic the last 10 mins or so considering none of them could really move by the end. Perhaps understandable considering the effort that we put in at Brentford last week whilst Lincoln had their feet up.

Great point, though. Could make a decent case for that being the hardest game we had left.

Agree Jacob
    Probably our hardest game!
    Away from home
    A real tough test that we stood upto manfully

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast