+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vaulks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vaulks

Does he have what it takes to be our next captain?

Do we want someone who doesn't really have a playing position and is happy to drop into any position to help out for a game or two even though at the end of last season he said that he didn't want to? I know he says his prefered position was in midfield but is he good enough really to drive the team on as a captain should?

The goals that he scores are amazing and his right foot is brilliant in front of goal but does he really have the passing range that we'll need if we're going to go up any time soon?

He says that he is a tackler but does he tackle? Does he break the opositions play enough to earn him the shirt.

Is he first choice for any position to say he'd be picked every week and play as captain?

What type of player is he?

Is he good enough to be a good Rotherham United Captain?

I've said elsewhere that his commitment and energy can't be faulted.
    However, I think he must be colour blind judging by the number of times he passes to the opposition.
    I think he's too slow to play in central midfield and often gets there just too late, commits fouls and gives away unnecessary free kicks, not to mention the yellow cards he picks up.
    Having said that, I'm not sure what his best position is and think he will probably end up on the bench if Warne manages to sign a suitable replacement for Frecks.
    Just my opinion.......

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I've said elsewhere that his commitment and energy can't be faulted.
    However, I think he must be colour blind judging by the number of times he passes to the opposition.
    I think he's too slow to play in central midfield and often gets there just too late, commits fouls and gives away unnecessary free kicks, not to mention the yellow cards he picks up.
    Having said that, I'm not sure what his best position is and think he will probably end up on the bench if Warne manages to sign a suitable replacement for Frecks.
    Just my opinion.......
    I saw your other post just after I posted this. Both made me chuckle.

My choice would be Ihiekwe. Yes he's lost his way recently but there is a captain in that lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    My choice would be Ihiekwe. Yes he's lost his way recently but there is a captain in that lad.
    That's not a bad shout. He was the captain at Tranmere wasn't he?

I think it will go to wood for rest of season after that my guess would be mattock. Captains tend to be one of the older of the bunch who’s been at the club a few years

I think its more about presence on the pitch than age.

TBH I would put Vaulks over Mattock, who allegedly doesnt have much upstairs, if Vaulks can cement a regular position.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    I think its more about presence on the pitch than age.

TBH I would put Vaulks over Mattock, who allegedly doesnt have much upstairs, if Vaulks can cement a regular position.
    I thought it went to the most experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I thought it went to the most experienced
    Normally yes, and I admit it seems to matter less in footy than cricket, but we've seen young influencers on the pitch, remember the likes of Roy Keane.

I think Vaulks was actually captain at Falkirk.

Firstly will he get in the team? Frecks was always there to receive the ball and paly short passes to keep play moving - Vaulks thinks he's Glenn Hoddle with searching 50 yd passes straight to the opposition. Too many times ,as somebody else has said he gives the ball away needlessly. No real suggestion for skipper ,TBH apart from taking the toss up ,which today seems a pointless exercise anyway cant see what a captain does as all players should encourage each other.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast