Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bid in for midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Frog
    Where did Kerr insult anyone ?
    It seems to me that he’s challenging opinions with his own?
    Not having a go Frog i just don’t see it.
    It looks like I have used the wrong word/s there Yak. It was a sweeping attack on anyone seeming ungrateful for everything TS has done for the club that I was refering to. This was done even though no one had seemed ungrateful and were making comment from what they had read in the article.

Fair enough Frog.
    Thanks for response.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    This thread is one that discussing what was said in an interview written in Paul Davis's report (as well of a bit of a laugh between myself and Perigordmiller).

The insulting part to this thread to most participating came from Kerr in post 19.

Paul Davis does provoke discussion in his pieces especially when some fans may see something in them that they don't like and long may they continue.
    But it's not insulting to be called a sycophantic cap doffer and a happy clapper (on another thread)?

Fair enough. I guess that's why you're a mod when I'm not.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

I’m in agreement with Frog.

I suppose some read threads differently to others

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    But it's not insulting to be called a sycophantic cap doffer and a happy clapper (on another thread)?

You're correct about you first sentence and it was a toss up to intervine or not. It tapered off so I left it but there are other things about that situation that you are unaware of.

I think that I used a too strong a word when I said insulting but I couldn't think of another word to suit that wouldn't been taken the wrong way and in itself could have caused further insult. I hope you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post

You really are a sensitive soul. No one has specifically called you anything but you have chosen to assume it's all about you.
    On the other hand you have chosen to use a derogatory term to categorise anyone who has a different opinion to yourself.
    But apparently that's ok in your world.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea
    Could this be Fleetwood Town's motto.

Back to the thread. Could it be a Turkish delight ?

Naw, it’s Grimsby

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    the lad we faced recently?

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    the lad we faced recently?
    Would be nice. Think he's 27 and good goal to game ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Would be nice. Think he's 27 and good goal to game ratio.
    Just checked he's 26.
    98 goals in 260 app from midfield

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Just checked he's 26.
    98 goals in 260 app from midfield

not a big physical presence, but neither is the lad Holmes from Scunny - and I'd have either one in our side

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Championship clubs are supposedly interested. If that's true we move on to the next target.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Championship clubs are supposedly interested. If that's true we move on to the next target.
    ah - forget and move on then - learn from past experience

ok....but we don't know it's him..............

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    ok....but we don't know it's him..............
    true - if it's not him and a decent player, then fingers crossed we get this one rather than him nipping down the road to Barnsley...

You really are a sensitive soul. No one has specifically called you anything but you have chosen to assume it's all about you.
    On the other hand you have chosen to use a derogatory term to categorise anyone who has a different opinion to yourself.
    So I was wrong to assume that when you quoted me, replied to that quote and used the sycophant jibe it was aimed at me?

Seriously? Who are you trying to fool? Me or yourself?

I was happy to ignore your jibe until Frog decided to rule on my post.

So Eeyore is a derogatory term (note that I am not embarrassing myself by pointing out that nobody specifically called you anything or by expressing faux outrage that you might have thought it was aimed at you )? He is a well-loved character from a well-loved book. I do accept that I erred in using the term, however. It is apparent from the clip below that Eeyore's behaviour and attitudes are largely rooted in his self-doubt, which is clearly not an issue for the people I had in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQI0E1WCLMU

Agree with this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234