+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Bid in for midfielder

Especially if it's wrong. Otherwise we would lose 90 per cent of our posters.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Even if its wrong? 😋
    Indeed.

Maybe that’s why a lot don’t come on here anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    That would be a great analogy if it actually bore some resemblance to the position that Rotherham United is in.

The first problem with the analogy is that the cobbler didn’t just make the boots; he paid for them - largely out of his own pocket - before giving them to you. So why wouldn’t you remain grateful for them after they have started to wear?

Someone bought me a very decent bottle of Scotch at Christmas. I’ll remain grateful for that long after it’s finished. Why wouldn’t I? On the face of the evidence of some of the posts on this board, I should, instead, become resentful that I wasn’t bought an even better bottle or given a lifetime supply rather than 70cl.

The second problem with your analogy is that the boots that you were given remain perfectly serviceable and do not have a hole in them. That’s because the cobbler has – largely at his own expense – maintained them for you, periodically repairing the stitching and re-soling them. Indeed, given the club’s league position compared to that when he bought the boots for you, he has improved rather than just maintained them.

To extend your analogy a little, if you don’t like what the cobbler is offering there are plenty of other shoe shops on the High Street. If it’s bespoke hand-stitched Italian leather that you are looking for, the Etihad really is probably the best one for you at the moment.

P.s. I don’t doff my cap to anyone. I say what I think. It’s one of the reasons that I am such a popular poster.

Maybe those boots weren't on my feet but were on your feet and I was talking as the third party.

Maybe the boots were paid for and not given as you implied.

I do toff my cap to people I believe deseve respect. I always shake hands even to the people I don't have things in common with and I do change my point of view when I believe that I am wrong.

This thread is one that discussing what was said in an interview written in Paul Davis's report (as well of a bit of a laugh between myself and Perigordmiller).

The insulting part to this thread to most participating came from Kerr in post 19.

Paul Davis does provoke discussion in his pieces especially when some fans may see something in them that they don't like and long may they continue.

Just saying frog mate that it’s really confusing looking on a thread that says one thing and then the convocation is completely different.

It’s hard to keep track of the topic being discussed

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Just saying frog mate that it’s really confusing looking on a thread that says one thing and then the convocation is completely different.

It’s hard to keep track of the topic being discussed
    You’re funny..

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    This thread is one that discussing what was said in an interview written in Paul Davis's report (as well of a bit of a laugh between myself and Perigordmiller).

The insulting part to this thread to most participating came from Kerr in post 19.

Paul Davis does provoke discussion in his pieces especially when some fans may see something in them that they don't like and long may they continue.
    Frog
    Where did Kerr insult anyone ?
    It seems to me that he’s challenging opinions with his own?
    Not having a go Frog i just don’t see it.

.....so this midfielder then......
    From a higher division, same or lower.
    The Star man implied in one of his articles that he's a lot younger than Freckles
    I suspect he knows who he is but is rightly keeping his identity to himself

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    .....so this midfielder then......
    From a higher division, same or lower.
    The Star man implied in one of his articles that he's a lot younger than Freckles
    I suspect he knows who he is but is rightly keeping his identity to himself
    I think warne will get a non leaguer who knows

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast