+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nelson Oliveira

Nelson Oliveira

It is rumoured that we are to table a bid of 8m for the Norwich forward.

Reported in DET and whatever the equivalent rag is in Norfolk.

He's a decent player but is he not a bit Vydra like?

He's ok but not someone who you can depend to score regularly.
    10 goals will be tough. Let alone 15.
    Not worth anything more than 1m IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    He's ok but not someone who you can depend to score regularly.
    10 goals will be tough. Let alone 15.
    Not worth anything more than 1m IMO
    Said he without a trace of bitterness

I remember seeing the lad at Pride Park when he was still a hugger of trees. He came on as a sub in a game we won but by the end me and my lads left feeling fortunate that he hadn't been on from the start. Speed, skill, workrate. I know you can't properly judge a player on half an hour's playing time BUT, if there is any basis in fact for the story then GR and his staff have seen what I saw but on a regular basis.

I will contact a Villa supporting member of the family whose son is a Canaries fan and get an unbiased opinion from him.

Well I'll be damned surprised if it's any different.
    There was no bitterness.
    He played his heart out for us. But we needed a regular goalscorer, he isn't that.
    Well if you're gonna pay millions for a supporting striker, well that's your choice.

He's a bit of a wild card but a very good player He did well at Forest scoring 10 in 28 matches and he score the winner against us at the Cow Shed I went to Norwich this week last January and he destroyed scoring a hat trick He has 18 in 48 games for Norwich (31) starts He's fell out with the new coach that's why they want him out Would I take him yes will he be coming no His agent is Gorge Mendes chief scout at Wolves so unlikely he will be coming to us pity

1 or 2 million is ok but 8 when you have Vydra?
    Way too expensive

8m turned down. Fulham now interested.

We don't need a striker, for me we need a left back. we should have gone for Andrew Robertson from Hull, to late now though
    Last edited by Manofpride; 13-01-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Especially with him having joined Liverpool in July

Yes for £8 million and £50,000 a week wonder why we never got him

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)