+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Sharp. No Leonard???

we took 4.points off em in 70 71 and got promoted just sayin like 😆

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    we took 4.points off em in 70 71 and got promoted just sayin like ��
    That's the kind of positive thinking I like to see!

In terms of last night, I was screaming for Leonard to come on. We had no leaders out there today, players didn't seem to know where they should be playing the ball or where they should be running and at times we closed our own space down by two three players all running into the same area at the same time.

Leonard driving from midfield with his pace and his long finishing... I was thinking Lundstrams awful shots would pretty much cement his place on the bench for the next game.

Special praise for Basham last night, especially first have he was everywhere and showed so much desire. Shame he gets a nose bleed as he runs with the ball towards their goal but can't fault him as he produces 120% from the limited ability he has.

Oh and that save from Moore! I can remember Pressman pulling those kinds of rabbits out of hats many a time against us so nice to see the Pigs have a taste of that, especially so late on.

Agree SBT while we are messing with ball at touchline give opposition time to get back also frustrates me with all these corners we have with no result need variety CW and staff need to look on tinternet and check what other teams around the world do when they have corners some real variety.

1 win in 10 is not a good stat but starting next week at norwich for me our season starts again with these 4 new players weve brought in all of which i feel should go straight in to the team at carrow road some of our squad looked tired again last night and the team needs freshening up

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    I think Leonard will come in for Lundstrum and Holmes will really push Duffy.
    We have to stop f u c king about playing tikka takka for 5 minutes on each touchline once we've made the first/second overlap and get the ball in the box. That was the only times we looked like scoring.
    Sharp would have been a reasonable shout,but he isn't a self starter like Donaldson,Clarke and to be fair Wilson and given the front 2 had w a n k to no decent ball tonight Billy would have had 15 mins of sitting on his arse coupled with wrestling with far bigger CB's.
    Would have put Leonard on for Lundstrum at the same time as Wilson for Donaldson. God we needed drive from Midfield and Fleck needed help doing it.

We are too slow in the final third and it is clearly common knowledge to oponents. Not such a problem when playing on the break away but a huge issue at home. Hopefully Leonard and Holmes along with a returning Brooks will solve that and we will go on another great run..

Sat next to your Mrs' lads tonight JJ.

Yes, they seemed to enjoy themselves as one of them called us at 4.00 this morning to come and pick him up from the Wicker.
    I rolled over and went back to sleep, but their mother got up, got in the car and went out and fetched him.

Mothers eh ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12