+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wallace's tackle

Wallace's tackle

The ref was in a great position and it was a straight red. Both feet off the ground, leading foot over the ball into Fleck's shin. Ridiculous to only give a yellow

Nasty tackle from a nasty player.

I agree it was a red but I still don’t think we would have scored, Wilder needed to change our midfield in the last 20 minutes, Lundstrum and Duffy worked hard but were nullified. To be fair if Wallace had been a Blade we would be praising him for a typical in your face derby performance. We should have won last night and only have ourselves to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    I agree it was a red but I still don’t think we would have scored, Wilder needed to change our midfield in the last 20 minutes, Lundstrum and Duffy worked hard but were nullified. To be fair if Wallace had been a Blade we would be praising him for a typical in your face derby performance. We should have won last night and only have ourselves to blame.
    Good shout BFL. Wallace for them was like a Michael Doyle for us, never a favourite player but a thorn in any opposition and something we don't have (not that I am saying we need it).

I would imagine Doyler just like Wallace is/was the first name on the team sheet despite criticism from fans and the like, 6 Blade managers cannot be wrong as they all took Doyler under their wing for some reason ?,

I agree about our midfield, The game last night for us needed a Coutts type player to actually run the show, There were too many 1 v 1 personal battles out there for me and whilst I would never slag a Blades player Lundstram is technically gifted but he is no Coutts and CW knows this. UTB

Against 9 we would have had a much better chance but, as has been said, build up was slow, ponderous and lacking incision. I thought Leonard, with his reputed long range shooting skills, would have been worth a try and, to be fairto them they were organised and, obviously motivated.

In the cold light of day it's 2 points dropped at home against a team near the bottom with 10 men.

Let's hope the 3 (or more?) incomers give some creativity and flair to drive us further onwards and upwards.

Listened to Pig and Grumble on way home. Guess who came on, none other than Lord McBrewer of Parkgate. Says Tufty should be ashamed of himself for trying to get Wallace sent off by brandishing an imaginary card. Don't like to see this but just about every player and manager in football does it, and this was a passionate derby. Also the referee couldn't have been much further away. Strange though he never mentioned the dirty, nasty tackle by Wallace. Let's hope it gets reviewed and he gets his just reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Of more concern TT is 1 win in 10. Against 10 men we should have gone for it with three up front. Yes they parked the bus but we didn't use two of our subs. Definitely two points lost against a team that hasn't scored a goal in 4 games.
    I agree with you LST.

I know it's only just halfway through the season but let's be honest, CW has quickly established us as a capable Champ team so , yes we've done well to get to where we are but we also need to move on from the mentality of 'punching above our weight' and 'exceeding expectations' to examining performances a bit more critically ith a view to climbing the league ladder.

I would guess that is how CW sees it but, on various social media sites, a lot are sheltering behind the 'Dog & Duck' holding the big spending aristocrats to a draw rather than focusing against a 1 in 10 recent record.

Hopefully the acquisitions will drive us even further forward ( in all senses)

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Listened to Pig and Grumble on way home. Guess who came on, none other than Lord McBrewer of Parkgate. Says Tufty should be ashamed of himself for trying to get Wallace sent off by brandishing an imaginary card. Don't like to see this but just about every player and manager in football does it, and this was a passionate derby. Also the referee couldn't have been much further away. Strange though he never mentioned the dirty, nasty tackle by Wallace. Let's hope it gets reviewed and he gets his just reward.
    I said straightaway it was RED card,but with him gerrin a yellow i don't think they can alter it to a red can they? UTCB