+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Sharp. No Leonard???

No Sharp. No Leonard???

Why?
    Felt like we wouldn’t score in a brothel tonight BUT why not throw the kitchen sink at them.

I don’t get it.

Someone enlighten me.

Billy deserved 10 mins for all he's done for this club , don't think he will be here for next years derby's .

So as not too leave a gap at the back and lose the game.
    It's not like it's not happened before and we nearly lost it at the death with another long range shot from nowhere because Reach wasn't closed down properly.

Sharp could have been brought on instead of Wilson I suppose, but I think we wanted to try to get him through the middle to outpace their defenders,

The problem with looking for that kind of play is the incisive cutting edge has gone from our play lately, we have plenty of possession but those clever little runs and through balls seem to have gone from our game.

Now it's get it out wide, mess about with it for 20 seconds, ignore the overlap, pass it back, go across the field, get it down the other wing, mess about for 20 seconds, ignore the overlap, pass it back, hit it long to Donaldson or Clarke.

It's a confidence thing and as much as we show glimmers of quality now and again our play is getting more laboured and looking like hard work.

Only caught a few minutes here and there but it looks like teams have worked us out. Get numbers behind the ball and choke us in the final third and try to hit on the break.
    Unless Duffy pulls a rabbit out of the hat we struggle to break teams down.
    We’re a good sufe overall but we lack that little bit of killer quality lately that makes the difference.

I think Leonard will come in for Lundstrum and Holmes will really push Duffy.
    We have to stop f u c king about playing tikka takka for 5 minutes on each touchline once we've made the first/second overlap and get the ball in the box. That was the only times we looked like scoring.
    Sharp would have been a reasonable shout,but he isn't a self starter like Donaldson,Clarke and to be fair Wilson and given the front 2 had w a n k to no decent ball tonight Billy would have had 15 mins of sitting on his arse coupled with wrestling with far bigger CB's.
    Would have put Leonard on for Lundstrum at the same time as Wilson for Donaldson. God we needed drive from Midfield and Fleck needed help doing it.

We are too slow in the final third and it is clearly common knowledge to oponents. Not such a problem when playing on the break away but a huge issue at home. Hopefully Leonard and Holmes along with a returning Brooks will solve that and we will go on another great run..

Sat next to your Mrs' lads tonight JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by wavy_blade View Post
    Billy deserved 10 mins for all he's done for this club , don't think he will be here for next years derby's .

Dont think Billy would have been effective under the circumstances. With the way they were defending Leonard who is noted for his ability to score goals from outside the box should have come on. Its a mystery why he didn't

Unless we can play at a higher tempo around the box and get someone in that can run at and take on defenders we will struggle to break teams down.

Leonard will be in for Lundstram 100% Lundstram was shocking tonight. Played a couple of crossfield balls but ultimately he was poor. It just didn’t happen tonight. So disappointed. Agree that if Duffy doesn’t play well then we struggle. Fleck was decent tonight and if we get an offer that’s north of £5milion I think he’ll go. Shame. Hate having so much expectation on our side haha

i agree with sbts second paragraph too tippy tappy got it out wide plenty of times but just came back inside when we had chance to cross it anything can happen when you put ball in box and we just didnt do it enough dissapointing thought it might be a draw before kick off but we would have beat these easily 2 months ago maybe a change in set up ???

Well, in the end, I thought we'd get a result, but I'm not unhappy with the point. We did over play it a bit at the back, and didn't get enough pressure on their back three. But...they came with eight big blokes to sit deep and defend. There wasn't a lot of space for us to build up that real sense of urgency in our play, and exploit the gaps that creates. I don't think we should forget that they were trying to impress the new manager too. They had chances and could easily have done us late on except for Moore. That wasn't the shower of shyte that lost 0-3 to Burton last week. I'm with Wilder on this one. We've got 4pts out of 6 and they are celebrating their point like a cup final win. Its not perfect, but it'll do. We have bigger issues to address, and bigger fish to fry.
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 13-01-2018 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Well, in the end, I thought we'd get a result, but I'm not unhappy with the point. We did over play it a bit at the back, and didn't get enough pressure on their back three. But...they came with eight big blokes to sit deep and defend. There wasn't a lot of space for us to build up that real sense of urgency in our play, and exploit the gaps that creates. I don't think we should forget that they were trying to impress the new manager too. They had chances and could easily have done us late on except for Moore. That wasn't the shower of shyte that lost 0-3 to Burton last week. I'm with Wilder on this one. We've got 4pts out of 6 and they are celebrating their point like a cup final win. Its not perfect, but it'll do. We have bigger issues to address, and bigger fish to fry.
    We need to start winnin again at home especially,obvious statement but true non the less.I don't see where Billy's performances lately warranted him to be brought on but i did think our front two were largely ineffective that said they defended well and certainy deserved a point.I don't think Lundstram was gr8 but he certainly was no worse than the other players(FLECKY apart who was our MotM i thought)The highlights of the game were the save by either keeper and that abart sums the game up,a gr8 occasion but a very average game.UTCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast