+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good films

Good films

Quite a few out just now so thought a thread might help decide what to pick

Just been to see Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri which won awards at the Golden Globes including those for best film, best actress and best supporting actor.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU

It’s an unusual story, set in the sleepy Midwest, with lots of twists and turns and almost all the actors get to shine. Some humour, some sadness, some violence and lots of intrigue twists and turns. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

I have Breaking Bad, Person of Interest, Peaky Blinders, The Tunnel, Game of Thrones and more in box sets that I have not had time to even open up yet, so seeing new films would be a reach.

It would be interesting to have some info on new one's though alf and yours is one I shall investigate

Peaky's is a cracking series Alto, if you can get past the Brummingham accent lol.
    I like the violent and gory shows like The Walking dead but that is getting past its sell by date now as far as I and a lot of fans are concerned.
    And speaking of this, I thought Breaking bad was ace and they did the right thing by quitting at the right time, after 5 series.

Cheers OC, the missus loves going to the cinema, I'm not so keen, most of the films she likes are dross imo. So, on your recommendation, I've told her we'll go to see it next week.

It had better be good, or you're in trouble mate.

Oh I'm sure you will both enjoy it Sinkov.
    Going to see The Post next week flu permitting.
    We go in fits and starts, but quite a few good ones around now in time for the Awards.

Going on Tuesday OC, I'm actually looking forward to it, it gets a good review from a film critic I trust. And I trust your judgement as well of course.

With the nasty virus that's doing the rounds - and Colner's evening at Swan Lake with it's many different endings - I was reminded of a Film....I am Legend (2007) the latest/modern adaption of the Omega Man (1971) starring Charlton Heston.

I am Legend - - - a post-apocalyptic scifi horror in which a virus created as a cure for cancer wipes out the majority of mankind - the remaining survivors being either mutated nocturnal superhuman predators, or the the lucky few who were immune...one being a Dr Neville (Will Smith) who lives in New York - alone with his dog, and continuing his experimentation in quest for a cure.
    I saw the film in 2008, not long after it's release...but not at the cinema, it was a pirated copy that'd been released in Poland, in english with polish subtitles - but it wasn't until I saw it again, some years later, on u.k tv...that I got the shock, and it was all in the ending.
    The film released in the U.K and most other countries, has Dr Neville under siege...trapped in his laboratory behind a protective reinforced glass wall, with the leader of the Mutants/Darkseekers throwing himself at the glass wall which is slowly cracking under the strain, behind it and with Neville is a couple more recently arrived immune survivors(mother & son) and a Mutant lady strapped to a stretcher...and it's her who they want back....in short, it reaches a point that with one more bash against the glass - it'll go through, so Neville gets out a hand grenade, throws himself against the glass at the same time as does the mutant leader, and boom, up they all go....the mother/son are safe btw, and have, the then found cure etc etc.....But in the original Polish release that I first saw - they used the alternate ending, the mutant stops his attack on the glass, makes a signal to identify his connection to the mutant female, Neville realises their intelligence...he opens the door, and returns the lady mutant to her partner whils also coming to the realization that to them - it's he who is the monster.... .

why some peoples/nations were chosen to see one version of the ending and others another - I couldn't exactly say, a sociological exercise ?...but anyway - I know which one I prefer.

Cheers.

The saddest thing was Will Smith with his Alsatian dog when it died ..thought the film was Schite though

Can I borrow your Game of Thrones Box Set. I will look after it and return once I have seen it. Me and the wife have been avoiding it as it has Dwarfs and Dragons in so sounded a bit 'Silly'. BUT.. So many friends have said it is brilliant we have decided to give it a go..

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Can I borrow your Game of Thrones Box Set. I will look after it and return once I have seen it. Me and the wife have been avoiding it as it has Dwarfs and Dragons in so sounded a bit 'Silly'. BUT.. So many friends have said it is brilliant we have decided to give it a go..
    Have you seen Snow White ? Lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)