+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good films

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    The saddest thing was Will Smith with his Alsatian dog when it died ..thought the film was Schite though
    I think that reached a lot of people....Alfin - especially the way it died - and how it was called to protect him because he got hung up on something.

We have just returned from watching The Darkest Hour.

Based around Winston Churchill at the beginning of WW2 I can highly recommend it.

Churchill was brilliantly portrayed by Gary Oldman.

The pressure he was under was immense, most people were urging him to start peace talks with Hitler when it looked like we were about to lose our entire army around Dunkirk.
    He had just about agreed that this was our only option when.....I'll let you see the film.

He did come across as a duffer, but a very opinionated and passionate duffer.

How we won WW2 is a complete mystery and fluke - Hitler wants his arse kicking for botching it up after having us totally on the ropes.

GO AND SEE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    I think that reached a lot of people....Alfin - especially the way it died - and how it was called to protect him because he got hung up on something.

59-60
    Thanks for the tip and recommendation, it’s now on our to see list

Sometimes I believe the fates or God's bestow greatness on an individual.

Over the years I have read just about every book written about Winston Churchill and I cannot yet decide whether the man was a flawed genius or a lucky lunatic!

However, we survived everything the Krauts could throw at us in WWII, so I will give the man the benefit of the doubt. Gallipoli was his one bad adventure though!

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Can I borrow your Game of Thrones Box Set. I will look after it and return once I have seen it. Me and the wife have been avoiding it as it has Dwarfs and Dragons in so sounded a bit 'Silly'. BUT.. So many friends have said it is brilliant we have decided to give it a go..
    Can I bagsey your Breaking Bad boxset Alto? I've been meaning to watch it for ages now

ERM....can you drop it off in Nottingham?

I'm not much of a film fan,if I'm not hooked in the first 15 mins then I usually lose interest,I saw the South Korean version of Old Boy last week and it pissed all over the American version,also I also watched The Butterfly Effect for the third time and unless my medication needs upping they all had different endings!!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    am no way watching that outside of the film - Alfin.

wonder if it was a Russian German Shepherd ?

The Last Man on Earth (1964 film)
    based on the 1954 Richard Matheson novel --- I Am Legend.

FULL MOVIE.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Can I borrow your Game of Thrones Box Set. I will look after it and return once I have seen it. Me and the wife have been avoiding it as it has Dwarfs and Dragons in so sounded a bit 'Silly'. BUT.. So many friends have said it is brilliant we have decided to give it a go..
    Got Series 1-7 Box Set at Christmas. Yes I avoided it originally but it is brilliant and brutal viewing. Just finishing Series 6 now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    We have just returned from watching The Darkest Hour.

Based around Winston Churchill at the beginning of WW2 I can highly recommend it.

Churchill was brilliantly portrayed by Gary Oldman.

The pressure he was under was immense, most people were urging him to start peace talks with Hitler when it looked like we were about to lose our entire army around Dunkirk.
    He had just about agreed that this was our only option when.....I'll let you see the film.

He did come across as a duffer, but a very opinionated and passionate duffer.

How we won WW2 is a complete mystery and fluke - Hitler wants his arse kicking for botching it up after having us totally on the ropes.

GO AND SEE IT!
    I was just about to ask if anyone had seen that 59/60, I've just read a couple of good reviews, so I'll treat Mrs S to another cinema visit next week.
    As to your question, I think the English Channel was probably a bigger deterrent to Adolf than Captain Mannering and the Home Guard.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)