+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carillon

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Why do we keep on propping up failed enterprises? If capitalism is so fcuking wonderful, let them bail each other out not the taxpayer...
    Carillion hasn't been bailed out by the taxpayer though, it's gone into liquidation, it's shareholders wiped out and the banks taking a £2 billion hit, which is as it should be. That's how capitalism works, badly run, inefficient companies fail, better managed, more efficiently run companies survive and prosper. Balfour Beatty were in a similar position to Carillion three years ago, they turned it round, Carillion didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Carillion hasn't been bailed out by the taxpayer though, it's gone into liquidation, it's shareholders wiped out and the banks taking a £2 billion hit, which is as it should be. That's how capitalism works, badly run, inefficient companies fail, better managed, more efficiently run companies survive and prosper. Balfour Beatty were in a similar position to Carillion three years ago, they turned it round, Carillion didn't.
    There are many legs to run in this story yet sinkov. Carillion and corruption are pretty good bedfellows (allegedly )

I read in the news about a month ago that their share prices had dropped by 70% ,that's a hell of a drop and I wonder how many shareholders had jumped ship before it sank?

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    I read in the news about a month ago that their share prices had dropped by 70% ,that's a hell of a drop and I wonder how many shareholders had jumped ship before it sank?
    I used to dabble quite a bit in shares at the back end of the 90's Chalky, made a lot of money on most of them (more by luck than judgement), I used to listen to a guy in America who's name I forget and keep my eye on the Companies I invested in, if these share holders of Carilion could not see this coming months ago and didn't get out then I have very little sympathy for them, as they either have money they can lose or are just plain lazy by not doing diligent research.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Carillion up the Khyber so to speak.
    A lot of companies in difficulty as a result of their invoices going unpaid. One family members employer is affected. When Jarvis went bust, they took that company with them
    A lot of jobs still need to be done and Gov will pay for that rather than paying Carillon.
    They were building the 2022 World Cup facilities in Qatar.

Interesting that a third of contracts were let by the Labour Government and in Scotland the SNP let quite a few too.

Carillion is a key supplier to the Scottish Government and has contracts in the rail industry, education and NHS.
    In Scotland Carillion are involved in building the new Aberdeen bypass and the Edinburgh Waverley railway station revamp.
    The £735m by pass was a big draw on funds.

So BT stop blaming Tories - were all in it together.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 17-01-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Interesting that a third of contracts were let by the Labour Government and in Scotland the SNP let quite a few too.

Carillion is a key supplier to the Scottish Government and has contracts in the rail industry, education and NHS.
    In Scotland Carillion are involved in building the new Aberdeen bypass and the Edinburgh Waverley railway station revamp.
    The £735m by pass was a big draw on funds.

So BT stop blaming Tories - were all in it together.
    No we are not! This PFI bollox needs stopping now. Enough is enough! Private enterprise within the paradigm of the public sector simply cannot work. Salaries of £600,000 per month for the Carillion fat cats and you say we are all in it together OC?
    Try telling that to the underpaid, abused thousands who are now jobless and the creditors of the corrupt, robbing, thieving barstewards who ring fenced their own bonuses and salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    No we are not! This PFI bollox needs stopping now. Enough is enough! Private enterprise within the paradigm of the public sector simply cannot work. Salaries of £600,000 per month for the Carillion fat cats and you say we are all in it together OC?
    Try telling that to the underpaid, abused thousands who are now jobless and the creditors of the corrupt, robbing, thieving barstewards who ring fenced their own bonuses and salaries.
    I tend to agree with your little rant BT, PFI debts are crippling the NHS, they're a scandal and a disgrace. But let's be clear where the blame lies, not in the private sector but with government, and especially the last Labour government, who used PFIs to keep billions of pounds of debt off the books, and were spectacularly incompetent negotiating the agreements and contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I tend to agree with your little rant BT, PFI debts are crippling the NHS, they're a scandal and a disgrace. But let's be clear where the blame lies, not in the private sector but with government, and especially the last Labour government, who used PFIs to keep billions of pounds of debt off the books, and were spectacularly incompetent negotiating the agreements and contracts.
    Steady sinkov, the truth hurts ---so they say --whoever 'they' are!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Steady sinkov, the truth hurts ---so they say --whoever 'they' are!
    Agree with you sinkov and Supersub, Alto's firing squad would be too good for Blair and Brown! I would quite happily simply, slowly strangle them both to death.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)