+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Carillon

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Well i can wholeheartedly recommend retirement BT!

And I thought that I would hate it.

We are all unique and we all have different passions.

We all seem to have a very strong views on politics on here - and it's great that these views are challenged but respected.

I get away pretty lightly when I admit that I'm a Lib Dem - we are still toxic with the voters in general. But their ideals are certainly nearer to my beliefs than the other parties. And I hate vested interests in politics - which we don't have in the Lib Dems. Well, nowhere near on the scale of the Tories, Labour or UKIP.
    lib dem = Libtard..

Thank you for that insightful contribution Alf!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I knew this would rear its ugly head!

The fact is workers are being put on zero hour contracts and often below the minimum wage whilst the CEO's are raking it in.

It does not look to me like the shareholders, stakeholders (us!) and workforce of Carillion were getting a decent return on the higher echelon's salaries and bonus payments.
    BT back to emotive you. Why should we get a return on anything for being a stakeholder! It’s quite common for staff to get bonuses for hitting targets, and if you hit your targets then I don’t see what’s wrong with that. The NHS even pays bonuses.
    Shareholders have lost all their money. That’s called a risk and you invest at your own risk, so expect a better return than you can get from the bank - not difficult these days.
    I assume none of your workers are on zero hours contracts. The fact is they are what some workers actually want, so why should you deny these folk the right to work when they want and don’t have to go tow work when they don’t. They can have these contracts with several companies and they don’t lose their job if they say no can do.

59-60
    In those years all First division players were on a salary maximum of £25 a week and Burnley won the League. It would be good to return to then, but of course the dreaded market forces got involved. Employees wanted more, TV wanted to market the games, the top clubs decided to declare independence and here we are. It’s amazing we are where we are doing despite market forces.
    As you say it’s down to good people, a good strategy and a cautious approach to improving the squad.

Using the club as an analogy to PFI, for BT we used to employ our own stewards but now we go out to tender and a company provides these services. They will have to pay a penalty of the breach the contract. They have expertise from other contracts they can bring to bear That’s much easier than having to run your own Show and carry the risks of a security failure like Hillsborough.

Aye OC.

I think we all thought those days had long gone.

An astounding achievement by BFC.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Thank you for that insightful contribution Alf!
    youre welcome ..lol,

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)