+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Money tight

Money tight

Alan pardew has said that money is tight in this window for strengthening we have to sell before we can buy , what a f u c kin state of affairs this is , just like to say to our owner the chairman & scouting staff your all a bunch of w an k ers , if we can't bring anybody in were down, & you can add JP to that list for selling us up the river , the
    bast ard , I feel sorry for pardew but most of all to our great & loyal fans , West Brom is in my blood & i feel so angry sorry for any swearing but i had to let it out .

Yes it’s a consistent message coming out and blaming the fair play rules. Are our competitors all in the same predicament, errmmm no but many are. Did we spend all our pennies and not save for the rainy day which has actually turned up this season, yes . The fact is that we were in the top half of the net spend league. Basically because we got nowt to next fora few outgoing players but some of our competitors are flush with cash and ready to spend. Swansea have got wads left from Sigurdsson, and Southampton with the Dick Van Dyke money and stoke have got a war chest as well.
    So here is hoping that somehow Hudds and Brighton will free fall and the Newcastle takeover fail.

I guess we shouldn't overlook we had a fairly big incoming of players pre season plus Livermore last Jan.
    Sales in the last 12 months haven't been anywhere near as big, only Berahino bought in a decent amount.
    We need the players to shake off the Pulis blues and sort it out.

Two weeks in and NOTHING. Lose today and that's it we're down for me. Any business done is too late.
    Reminds me of when we let Earnshaw and Horsefield go and we all know what happened then.
    Recruitment has been beyond poor for the last 3 years.why are these people still in jobs? What exactly do they do between windows?
    I hope i'm wrong COYB

Another thing. If we have to sell first then force the issue.
    Transfer list players Liverless, Mcclean, Myhill, Chadli, Evans. They can all do one

Just ridiculous. The clubs income hasn’t changed much, if anything, from what they expected at the beginning of the season. Sky sponsorship and tv money will be very much as expected. The only area that will or could be lower than expected is from our league position but that depends upon what expectation they built into this years budget.

The prudent budget would be to budget for 17th in the league as I suspect was the case in Peace’s reign. I can only assume someone has budgeted for a league position a lot higher and now we are panicking because we are not going to get that income stream as expected. One thing is for sure and that is we certainly won’t get a decent league finish if we don’t invest in this window.

Potentially Financial incompetence in my book to add to recruitment incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Just ridiculous. The clubs income hasn’t changed much, if anything, from what they expected at the beginning of the season. Sky sponsorship and tv money will be very much as expected. The only area that will or could be lower than expected is from our league position but that depends upon what expectation they built into this years budget.

The prudent budget would be to budget for 17th in the league as I suspect was the case in Peace’s reign. I can only assume someone has budgeted for a league position a lot higher and now we are panicking because we are not going to get that income stream as expected. One thing is for sure and that is we certainly won’t get a decent league finish if we don’t invest in this window.

Potentially Financial incompetence in my book to add to recruitment incompetence.
    Got away with for so long mate. Investing next to nothing. Reaping now what we've sewn for 5 years. Two years with no striker worthy of the name is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Two weeks in and NOTHING. Lose today and that's it we're down for me. Any business done is too late.
    Reminds me of when we let Earnshaw and Horsefield go and we all know what happened then.
    Recruitment has been beyond poor for the last 3 years.why are these people still in jobs? What exactly do they do between windows?
    I hope i'm wrong COYB
    I also hope you’re wrong but can’t but agree about your sentiments on the recruitment departement. Below par would somewhat be a eufemism.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)