+ Visit Newcastle United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Going to be a Grandad.

  1. #1

    Going to be a Grandad.

    For the first time. Absolutely made up.

    Gonna have to kick the arse of of this retirement lark until July I can tell you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxted, Surrey
    Posts
    18,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    For the first time. Absolutely made up.

    Gonna have to kick the arse of of this retirement lark until July I can tell you.
    Congratulations Stanley. It's a great feeling but different to having your kids.

    You can be involved as much as you want, then if it gets a bit too much for you then you can walk away until you're ready again.

    I've got 5 and two thirds (6th one due April) so I speak from experience.

  3. #3
    Way-hay!! Class.

    Massive congratulations, Stan...... ye owld bugger!!!


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Congratulations Stanley. It's a great feeling but different to having your kids.

    You can be involved as much as you want, then if it gets a bit too much for you then you can walk away until you're ready again.

    I've got 5 and two thirds so I speak from experience.
    Thanks Bill. I've known this was on the cards for a while,(only weeks) but seeing the scans yesterday broke my heart.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxted, Surrey
    Posts
    18,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    Thanks Bill. I've known this was on the cards for a while,(only weeks) but seeing the scans yesterday broke my heart.
    Yes it's amazing. I don't care how hard or tough you feel but the scans always bring a tear to the eye.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Way-hay!! Class.

    Massive congratulations, Stan...... ye owld bugger!!!

    Thanks Zip. Wonderful news.

    I'm only 52, might cancel New York, book Butlins, put in for glamourous Grandads.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxted, Surrey
    Posts
    18,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    Thanks Zip. Wonderful news.

    I'm only 52, might cancel New York, book Butlins, put in for glamourous Grandads.
    You need to get your lass's permission for that though.

  8. #8
    Congratulations Stanley. A whole new, in the main wonderful, experience for you on the cards.

    aye you can say bye bye to any thoughts of early retirement..... nae chance.............. lol

    it's harder to say no to the grandbairns haha

    edit: ps best wishes to the parents

  9. #9
    Congrats Stanley. Its now time to annoy your kids by being soft on the grandchild, when you were severe with them!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxted, Surrey
    Posts
    18,692
    Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Congrats Stanley. Its now time to annoy your kids by being soft on the grandchild, when you were severe with them!
    That's good advice TopToon. Also a Grandad's prerogative.

  11. #11
    Congrats mate
    I am a grandpappy myself of only ten weeks its great stuff
    You forget what its like to have bairns after having years of stroppy teenagers
    Its also good seeing your kids finally grow up and feel the total consuming love that you have felt for years.

  12. #12
    Good on yer Stan, great feeling isn't it ?
    I've got six grandgirls, could eat them all up ! Now you've got the time to stand back and watch them grow up, we were too busy with our own kids making a living and putting bread on the table, we missed a lot. Now you can relax and just take it all in.

  13. #13
    I also meant to add
    Now you will know how Wayne Rooney feels when hes getting jiggly 😆

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Congrats Stanley. Its now time to annoy your kids by being soft on the grandchild, when you were severe with them!
    Already thinking about the age you can take a child to a match.

    My Son was three.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Good on yer Stan, great feeling isn't it ?
    I've got six grandgirls, could eat them all up ! Now you've got the time to stand back and watch them grow up, we were too busy with our own kids making a living and putting bread on the table, we missed a lot. Now you can relax and just take it all in.
    Hit the nail on the head

  16. #16
    Nice one Stan mate . Great news that .


    Mind I always thought you were about 65 at least ...

  17. #17
    I'm in tears. Thank you.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by zoggs View Post
    Nice one Stan mate . Great news that .


    Mind I always thought you were about 65 at least ...
    You little tease.

  19. #19
    Thanks to everyone for their replies.

    You are great people.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    Thanks Zip. Wonderful news.

    I'm only 52, might cancel New York, book Butlins, put in for glamourous Grandads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •