+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Conspiracy theories

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Alex Jones went on and on about Sandy Hook being faked and one of the families that lost a child are currently taking him to court. They have received several death threats. So on that basis alone, he does provoke hate.

Peddling Sandy Hook as fake news makes anything else he comes out with to be absolutely pish.

You really can't have a go at Facebook and co for banning him either, you need to agree to terms and conditions before signing up and he broke them.
    Jones is ridiculous but I would be very wary about accepting the removal of his channel as legit just because he peddles conspiracy nonsense. He's certainly not the only one being deplatformed and YouTube has been putting videos into limited state or removing them altogether for over a year.

Jones' channel is huge and this will have major implications. You think this will achieve anything other than galvanise his followers? I would have thought it more prudent for the likes of FB and YT to take down his channel temporarily (assuming the takedown wasn't out of the blue) while working with Jones to manage his content.

Of course YouTube would rather that there was no political content on their platform and for everyone to simply make cat videos. Unfortunately we're in such a polarised environment that most folk seem to be happy for anyone they disagree with to be deplatformed or savaged by the Twitter mob. There is a pervasive tribal atmosphere of dehumanising the opposition and it's only going to get worse.

The argument that they're private companies that can do what they like doesn't seem to wash when a Christian baker doesn't want to bake a cake endorsing gay marriage. I agree with the line of argument that the major social media platforms are so ubiquitious that they should be treated in the same manner as utilities companies.

I'd imagine any conspiracies about who was responsible have been quashed thanks to Russia and the suspects clearly not giving a fuck and having a laugh about their "alibi".

You would think.

I watch that vid & think it’s a hilarious bit of trolling from the Russians. They don’t exactly look like cathedral enthusiasts but apparently I’m falling for the UKs flawed narrative & their video is irrelevant. Im not looking at the facts. We’re living in weird times

It's pretty much like Russian saying...

"We didn't do it lol"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567