+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loans, the mind boggles!

Loans, the mind boggles!

Axel Tuanzebe, WTF is going on here! A 20 yr old CH/DMF possibly from Urinal on loan. Erm, Suliman?, Bedeau? What is it with SB, that he has to loan kids from the Prem when we have an ample supply of youngsters of our own, fk me, he signed Bedeau.
    Onomah is another blocking our youth, can you imagine the difference in O’Hara, Doyle-Hayes and McKirdy et al, if they had the same exposure to 1st team football?
    Now I’m all for loans that improve OUR team, but these lads only improve another team’s youth system.
    If we’re gonna loan someone then let him be a player that will improve US.

If we have the option to buy it can be worth it like Milner was. The difference with him he was a very good player and went straite into the 1st 11.

I wonder if some other deals are coming into play here. Johnstone on a permanent if you give this kid playing time. Seems a little dangerous though. If we get a SJ and don't get promoted you know what I mean?

I would love to see our youth players come through to the first team but if young players from other clubs are even slightly better than our own, SB is going to go for them. He’s quite understandably planning for short term success. Managers don’t get time for long term anymore sad though it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    If we have the option to buy it can be worth it like Milner was. The difference with him he was a very good player and went straite into the 1st 11.
    True Bongo, Milner had over 150 1st team premier league appearances with Leeds and Newcastle prior to his loan to us, hardly comparable to Onomah. Snodgrass took 5 months to settle and start performing, a rookie from Spurs U23 squad is not an ideal loan when time is not on Dr X’s or our agenda. This other lad from man u seems crazy.
    I just feel at this stage of the season we need proven loan signings (if any) who can hit the ground running. No team aiming for promotion has time to nurture other club’s kids at the business end of the season. Especially with parent clubs demanding playing time for their players.
    Johnstone may be different as he could be loan to buy, tho you gotta feel for Steer and Sarkic.

Darren Bent anyone?

Yes

Benteke for me, he'd be awesome with those balls in the box and Hogan next to him waiting to pounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Axel Tuanzebe, WTF is going on here! A 20 yr old CH/DMF possibly from Urinal on loan. Erm, Suliman?, Bedeau? What is it with SB, that he has to loan kids from the Prem when we have an ample supply of youngsters of our own, fk me, he signed Bedeau.
    Onomah is another blocking our youth, can you imagine the difference in O’Hara, Doyle-Hayes and McKirdy et al, if they had the same exposure to 1st team football?
    Now I’m all for loans that improve OUR team, but these lads only improve another team’s youth system.
    If we’re gonna loan someone then let him be a player that will improve US.

The link has a list of transfer targets

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...L-Championship

Marriott and and Ulloa would be good (Refuse Gabby a new contract and offload McCormack)

Those two added to Kodjia, Hogan and Davis (all five being fully fit next season, lethal strikeforce)

So Tuanzebe (CH, DMF) signs til end of season. Surely that should spell the end of Elphick, Birkir and Onomah’s loan (originally signed as a DMF). Feel for Suliman, Bedeau and Doyle-Hayes. Just hope it’s not a gamble too far, can’t get me head around this one.
    Wish him luck tho, as his luck is our luck now, welcome Axel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)