+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yates

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Thanks. Don’t worry about @GazBraz and myself. He is definitely the teacher and I’m the student. We are allowed to disagree and yet still stay united for the common cause ����

So, it seems he may have had a disagreement with Gary Brazil over Yates. But it looks like they have made it up now as KN is talking about looking at more Forest loanees.
    There was an interview on pre-match with Biggus Al about this very subject. 45 mins onward.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05rspmz

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    There was an interview on pre-match with Biggus Al about this very subject. 45 mins onward.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05rspmz
    Very informative. AH wouldn't have survived supporting Notts as long as some of us - psychatrist for Sat afternoons ffs!

Anyway, what's he doing ringing the scum about Yates? Needs to take a couple of steps back. See he's had a spat with Broxtowe Council for calling yesterday mornings games off due to the pitch.

I don't know S****horpe's position regarding injuries and suspensions but I can't see why a team pushing for promotion in League 1 would want a kid. Yes, he has obviously done well at Notts but he's at a whole new level now in what I would imagine is a pretty settled team. 100k for a 6 month loan is also way off the mark.

The overall reaction on the scum messageboards is laughable - their fans seem to think that Yates being recalled is hilarious because it has annoyed Alan Hardy. Only a few of them seem to have worked out that they may have shot themselves in the foot, because it would have been far better for their player to have furthered his development by competing in a blood and thunder local derby in front of nearly 10,000 fans rather than sitting in the stands watching Scunny. Most of them are also dim enough to think that them loaning Yates and Grant was an act of charity and benevolence rather than a business decision to give a couple of untried youngsters valuable experience of league football. It was a case where both clubs were reaping the benefits of the deals big time, but it seems they are prepared to sacrifice their player's progress as long as it harms us. I thought we were supposed to be the bitter ones!

Sadly, the only loser in all this is the player himself. We will quickly move on (we may have done already in the aquisition of Virtue), and as Elite says, the player - instead of playing week in week out with us will now no doubt be sitting in the stand or on the bench at that place in North Lincs.

If he lives in Nottingham and has to travel to S-thorpe daily that will do his head in for a start. It may well set his career back rather than forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Sadly, the only loser in all this is the player himself. We will quickly move on (we may have done already in the aquisition of Virtue), and as Elite says, the player - instead of playing week in week out with us will now no doubt be sitting in the stand or on the bench at that place in North Lincs.

If he lives in Nottingham and has to travel to S-thorpe daily that will do his head in for a start. It may well set his career back rather than forward.
    But if, as reported, this is at his own request then good luck to him. If he comes a cropper, TS.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The overall reaction on the scum messageboards is laughable - their fans seem to think that Yates being recalled is hilarious because it has annoyed Alan Hardy. Only a few of them seem to have worked out that they may have shot themselves in the foot, because it would have been far better for their player to have furthered his development by competing in a blood and thunder local derby in front of nearly 10,000 fans rather than sitting in the stands watching Scunny. Most of them are also dim enough to think that them loaning Yates and Grant was an act of charity and benevolence rather than a business decision to give a couple of untried youngsters valuable experience of league football. It was a case where both clubs were reaping the benefits of the deals big time, but it seems they are prepared to sacrifice their player's progress as long as it harms us. I thought we were supposed to be the bitter ones!

You cant talk sense to pond life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The overall reaction on the scum messageboards is laughable - their fans seem to think that Yates being recalled is hilarious because it has annoyed Alan Hardy. ... Most of them are also dim enough to think that them loaning Yates and Grant was an act of charity and benevolence rather than a business decision to give a couple of untried youngsters valuable experience of league football. It was a case where both clubs were reaping the benefits of the deals big time, but it seems they are prepared to sacrifice their player's progress as long as it harms us. I thought we were supposed to be the bitter ones!
    Forest fans were happy to see Hardy worked up because he tried to dictate what we could do with our players. Even Paul Taylor, the journalist, mentioned this and he's a County fan. None of us even know what actually happened, it could just have been that Forest (or Yates agent) let him know that S****horpe were interested and he decided that he wanted to take the chance.

The loans are not charity but, on the other hand, the players could quite easily have gone elsewhere. I've said for a while that it seems to me to be mutually advantageous to both clubs to develop such a relationship, but on the other hand we could have a similar relationship with Lincoln, Mansfield or Chesterfield.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123