+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oldham Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Oldham Athletic Post Match Thoughts

The times they are a changing for The Millers. First game of the post Frecklington era so was a draw a point gained or two points lost after taking an early lead?

Thoughts on today's events?

Welcome back to 3rd division football! Anyone missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Welcome back to 3rd division football! Anyone missed it?
    Welcome to the future.

Not been today but had a look at the match stats. Oldham had only one shot on target (like Donny game) and guess what, they scored. Millers had more possession and more shots on target, so should have done better really. A point away against a struggling team - not really promotion form, but ok for a mid-table finish? Sounded like we were hanging on at the end though.

Disappointing result after a perfect start against a struggling team. Still sticking to my prediction of a 10th place finish. Did i really hear the teams come out to 'Mouldy old dough'?

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Disappointing result after a perfect start against a struggling team. Still sticking to my prediction of a 10th place finish. Did i really hear the teams come out to 'Mouldy old dough'?
    Yes, it was a tribute to TS. The Danny Ward money has been in his pocket for so long it's gone off.

It was a good point, they had a sh!t start and got better, they had too otherwise it would of been about 0-6.

We were superior for 20 mins until their players were told to get in our faces, close us down and stop us playing which is exactly what they did.
    Ball watching for their goal from a free kick and didn't defend the space on the D. Easiest goal they'll score all year
    Michael Smith didn't look great but early days so no judgement made today.
    Deserved a point but no more

Thought either side could have won but that’s not saying a great game because it was far off that

Emmanuel and Ajayi contenders for MOTM

A point is good.

Warney has an obsession with Yates with you ask me, JCH or even Smith should have either started or fetched on at HT

Ihiekwe over Wood aswell imo
    Last edited by millertop; 13-01-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Yes, it was a tribute to TS. The Danny Ward money has been in his pocket for so long it's gone off.
    😀😀

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast