+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Survival survival survival

Survival survival survival

That's what it's all about now .!!!we should have won today by about 5 but we just didn't put the chances away.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    That's what it's all about now .!!!we should have won today by about 5 but we just didn't put the chances away.
    evening all Geordies, hope you are all well, Diafro Sakho anyone? 12 mill for him is a steal imo....
    take care now
    john.

If we don't go down. it'll purely be because there are three worse teams.

If Gayle was even a half-decent lower-Premier League player he would have buried at least one of his chances [B]and[/B done much better with the possession he had in very good positions. But he's not, he's a Championship player.

...as is every other player who started that game apart from Lascelles, imo and Shelvey on his day.

And there lies the problem, We started against the bottom team with our Chimpo team. What an absolute clusterfuck Ashley has made of running this club, man. If we'd been 3 up at half time, Swansea couldn't have complained but by the end we were absolutely hanging on. Our Chimpo strikers weren't capable of finishing nailed on chances and that's no-one's fault but Ashley's for leaving us in this situation.

And while I'm ranting, what the fuck does matt Ritchie have to do to get hooked???? He's played like a drain for 2 months at least now. Either he or Atsu-who had a shocking game after his two evry good crosses should have come off for Murphy. I'm sorry, but only one team looked to be trying to win that game and it wasn't us. Playing the bottom team and realistically needing to win, it's poor from Rafa that we ended the game having one sub left to make.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    evening all Geordies, hope you are all well, Diafro Sakho anyone? 12 mill for him is a steal imo....
    take care now
    john.
    Hiya John..hope you're well, mate.

I'd take anyone ahead of our forward line. Our main striker is shite and our £5 million striker is exactly what you'd expect from a £5 ,illion striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

I'd take anyone ahead of our forward line. Our main striker is shite and our £5 million striker is exactly what you'd expect from a £5 ,illion striker.
    a real toughie season for you peeps, we seem to have found our feet so should survive with any luck, but methinks you are hoping that Swans, Brighton and Hudds are the real victims....

and yes Zippmeister i am well as i hope you and yours are

Who scored today and managed to get us a point. Credit due where credit's due. Certainly wasn't Joselu's fault today that we didn't win.

Honestly, don't know why people are whinging about the team today. The spirit and effort was 100% there, but as we've known for a long, long time, the quality just isn't there.

Ritchie has been poor going forward, but I rate his defensive work. People are saying Diamé was chronic - he was one of our better players today (he should've had a red, but didn't get it and saved a goal). His passing was decent and he seemed to pick up on the free balls when Swansea were (constantly) losing possession. I don't rate him at all normally, but he put in a good display today I thought. It's a big problem that we are so reliant on Atsu on creating chances at the moment as he's hit and miss. Shelvey made some decent passes today, but honestly I don't think his contribution is that great. Merino above him for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    a real toughie season for you peeps, we seem to have found our feet so should survive with any luck, but methinks you are hoping that Swans, Brighton and Hudds are the real victims....

and yes Zippmeister i am well as i hope you and yours are
    Aye, I'm good, man; cheers.

As I said on another thread, I think if we do survive it'll only be because there are 3 worse teams. Mind, to start a Premier League game in mid-January with your entire Chimpo team is an appalling state of affairs and will show just how good Rafa is if he manages it.

Ritche is the new Gouffran.

If we don't go down. it'll purely be because there are three worse teams.

If Gayle was even a half-decent lower-Premier League player he would have buried at least one of his chances [B]and[/B done much better with the possession he had in very good positions. But he's not, he's a Championship player.

...as is every other player who started that game apart from Lascelles, imo and Shelvey on his day.

And there lies the problem, We started against the bottom team with our Chimpo team. What an absolute clusterfuck Ashley has made of running this club, man. If we'd been 3 up at half time, Swansea couldn't have complained but by the end we were absolutely hanging on. Our Chimpo strikers weren't capable of finishing nailed on chances and that's no-one's fault but Ashley's for leaving us in this situation.

And while I'm ranting, what the fuck does matt Ritchie have to do to get hooked???? He's played like a drain for 2 months at least now. Either he or Atsu-who had a shocking game after his two evry good crosses should have come off for Murphy. I'm sorry, but only one team looked to be trying to win that game and it wasn't us. Playing the bottom team and realistically needing to win, it's poor from Rafa that we ended the game having one sub left to make.
    Yes fundamentally Ashley is the core problem but dare I say Im beginning to see the point of Pboro's anti Rafa rants.No way should we lose such a world class manager but time & time again he baffles us with his team selections especially at home & his persistence with Diame & Ritchie at the expense of Merino & Murphy respectively. Is there something more to Rafa's tactics than meets the eye one enquires !!!!!

We need someone who can take the chances when presented. Two points dropped today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)